Premed 101 Forums

Current Job Market - Radiology

Hey,

I know these things get discussed a lot, but I thought a current thread would be useful to people! I'm just looking into it now out of interests sake and will post anything I find, but if there are members still around that are actually in the field (residents, radiologists, etc) their input would realllllly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help.

jobs tightening up, don't be selective about location, better in rural, delayed retirements, cyclical, better to do fellowships, etc etc. i've heard all kinds of variations.

Seems to be about what I gathered as well, read an article saying Canada was about 600 full-time radiologists short of ideal, was a bit dated though. I'm not huge on location, would prefer suburban (been rural of less than 5000 for 21 years now and would like a change, but not all the way downtown in a city), hopefully the delayed retirements won't be as large of an issue by the time I was looking for a job, this is all just out of interest now, I'm currently just applying for med, have a few interviews and thats it so far. So it'd be probs 10 years or so before I'd be done residency anyway!

I'll try and find the article link again if I can.

Archived