Premed 101 Forums

After the McGill interview...

Guest WK

How did everyone's interview go? Let's just share some general impression of the overall experience. Mine went alright...It was more of a conversation than anything. Hard to know what their reactions were to my answers....Or is it all part of the act? What are your post-interview thoughts????

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Yeah - it was very interesting to compare the McGill interview to the one I had at UBC on Sat. It was way more open ended - they asked a few questions but it was pretty much up to me to decide where I wanted to take it. I guess that's their way of truly getting to see the real you (which would be a good thing for everyone there - whoa! I was soooo blown away by how cool/nice everyone was).

Like you, I didn't get too much expression from my interviewers. Well...the student (her name was Julie) seemed pretty relaxed and smiled quite a bit. The faculty member (his name was Jirac and I have no idea if I've spelled it correctly) was really friendly and quite receptive. On the other hand, the practitioner was a bit more deadpan (or almost "mad" looking). But the good thing is that I saw him in the room before the interview started and he looked exactly the same - so I figured that this was just his normal expression and I didn't let it throw me off.

All in all, it was a pretty good experience. To be honest, I was really impressed with all of the other applicants - it sucks to think that only a few of us will be accepted. And I really have no idea of where I stand in the grand scheme of things. Guess I'll just have to wait to find out!

Good luck to everyone - it was really great to meet you! :D

Guest predent2003

Hey Peraly, you're back!

Yeah, I have mroe confident in my UBC interview. The Mcgill interview went smoothly, but it's just that it was a little short and I felt that I didn't let them know all the things I want them to know about me.:\ But oh well, at least they got answers to everything they want to know about me.:)

That one interviewer really freak me out, but he did laugh at one of my jokes.:D He asked me what I am gonna do if I don't get in. I thought he's asking me about my alternatives, so I told he what I have in mind. But he immediately interupted me by saying "so you are not planning to apply again next year?" I was thinking "what the........that's a cheap shot!" Anyway, I also think Julie was awsome!

I think the greatest thing about this trip to Montreal is the chance to meet you all. I know I am not suppose to say this, but I really feel that all of the applicants are very good. If I were in the position of the selection committee, I would have an extremely hard time! On top of that, everyone of you are so friendly to talk to. I don't feel too much competition. I felt bad that I forgot to take down email address from everyone I have talked to, so that we can stay in touch.

At least in this trip, I got to find out the identity of both Pearly, and suprise suprise, I also found out the name of LestatZinnie! (hee hee) During the get together and the tour, I have heard many people mentioning this forum, ha ha, I guess we still have to work harder to find out who everyone is!;)

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Hey....you got to find out who LestatZinnie was? No fair! I would have liked to have thanked them for all of the useful info over the past few months (and put a face to the "name").

Any hints? Were they at the get-together on Sunday night?

Guest LestatZinnie

hi all

i dropped by the conference room at strath during lunch on monday. suppossedly some upper yrs were going to help out but we ended up just standing around having some free food. i didn't talk to any of the interviewees though, and i don't know anyone in my class who uses this forum so how you find out my name is beyond me.

anyway- i wish you all goodluck. i'm sure you'll all get in at least one school so just kick back and enjoy the last bit of undergrad u have left (u'll miss it, i promise).

keep us posted on the results!

Guest predent2003

I got to find out because one of the upper year told us that there is a first year from UBC biochem, who just came by. And your name starts with "J", right?

Too bad I didn't have the chance to really get to chat with you.;)

Guest NOURA19

Hey all,

I just got back from the McGill interviews....I think I did pretty well....but you never know how your answers are with the interviewers...who knows, I just wish for the best. :eek

Yeah, I feel the same as some of you out there....I dont think I was given the chance to emphasize some aspects about myself which I wanted to...I think they just wanted to know basically what kind of person you were, are you a people person are you a full rounded person...etc etc. But overall, very nice people, they really wanted to make us feel relaxed and just have fun.

So next is the waiting game where I live next to the phone for that one phone call.....such an exciting time.

Anywys, I just want to to good luck to all the friendly people I met there.....you all rock!!! :rollin

Guest pearlywhitesBC

No...it's just that there was a girl who I was talking about Yoga with. I think she was from York. Hmmm...or maybe it was U of T. Don't worry - I didn't hear anything from an interviewer!

I'm racking my brain. Oh wait! Was you interview at 9:00? I think I might have been sitting beside you in the morning.

Guest predent2003

Yeh~ I heard something from Mcgill!!!

Well, it's nothing about admission:p So don't worry guys.

It's just that I won a free T-shirt at the open-house prize draw.

I guess I only need that T-shirt if I get in, haha:lol

Archived