Premed 101 Forums

UofA interview March 13

Guest nanoarray

I was pretty happy with my performance at the interview today. A little different than last year for myself that is, I had three interviewers this year and last year I only had 2. I terms of the questions they were very, very similar to those I got last year and the ones posted on the UofA class of 2007 site.

Anyways, good luck to all,

epzi

Guest nanoarray

Sounds like you have a great chance... ;) Keep your fingers crossed. Is this your first interview this year?

How did you feel about the first year students? :b

This actually was my first interview this year and i'll probably send it out to any other schools I interview at (so far only UofS, waiting still for UofManitoba and Western).

The first years were very helpful and encouraging actually and gave a really good tour of the department, hopefully next year I can do that :b

By the way, do you know if they release interview scores so I can judge if I really want to send it out, becuase sometimes even if you think things went well.....things just don't work out,

epzi

Guest danman04

It is gonna be my first interview for dent too. Just wondering, what is the process like, how long do you wait, approx how many other students are there, etc.

Also, whats with the second interview? On the letter, they say that if you want to be interviewed again, you have to say so in 30 min after your interview. Have people done that before?

Guest LestatZinnie

i have heard that second interview request is only available for those who think the interviewers exhibit bias/prejudice towards them and that they were not fairly treated. as far as i know, blundering your answers or any other mistakes on your part does not entitle you to a second interview.

correct me on this if i'm wrong. thx

I'm pretty sure your right about the 2nd interview request LestatZinnie, as I don't think they let you redo without a valid reason. danman04, as for the interview there were almost 30 people in the wait room at one time (some being dental hygiene hopefuls) with people coming in and out as the time wore on. I think for each time period 9:30, 10:15 etc. they had 5 or six people to be interviewed, not too sure though. If your not in the first time slot of the day your probably going to have some delay in the time of your interview as both times I've been at the interviews, they seem to run late.

good luck with your interview

Archived