Premed 101 Forums

U of A Interviews

Guest dentwannabe

Guest dentwannabe

My interview is on March 22. Does anyone know what time the tours will be that day?....Good luck to Berland and everyone else who has their interview this weekend. I hope it goes really well :)

dentwannabe

Guest Berland

I'm am not "for sure" but I was under the impression that interviews were before lunch, 2nd interviews (if requested) and everything else were after lunch. This of course is just here-say from a friend who was interviewed a while back, so I wouldn't hold me to it. I also here that hungry interviewers make for quick interviews.

Berland B.

Guest dentwannabe

Hey Berland,

Thanks for the info. After you have your interview would you mind posting what the schedule was (ie. what time the tours took place). My interview is at 9:30am and I'd like to stick around and so I can see the facilities, but I also need to head back to Calgary pretty early so that I can study for midterms (or maybe I should just bring my books with me). Thanks for all of your help, and once again, good luck!

dentwannabe

btw you're doing your undergrad at U of A right? Do you like it there?

Guest Berland

I'll be sure to give you the day plan once I'm finished my interview.

Yes, I am doing my undergrad at UofA. I can't really compare the quality of the programs here to other Universities because I haven't attended any others. I have my beefs with the UofA, but it's pretty good in most respects

Berland B.

Guest Berland

So the day plan runs like this

-Tours run all day. There is one every 15 minutes or so, so if you show up early you might be able to get a tour before your interview. If you have an early interview you'll probably have to wait until after the interview is done.

-Lunch is 12pm-1pm. They lock the waiting room (2031) and all the interviewing teams have lunch.

-After lunch there are still tours, and I think they were interviewing for the hygeine program, with but there were also some dental applicants present. I am not sure whether they were being reinterviewed or not.

That's about it. The tours are given by hygeine and dental students.

Berland B.

Guest dentwannabe

Hey Berland,

Thanks for all of the information. I really appreciate. Looks like I'll have time to go on a tour before I leave for Calgary....How did your interview go? I'm sure you did really well. From reading your previous posts is seems like you're genuinely interested in dent and that you have a lot to offer. What did you think of the facilities?....Good luck getting in. Hopefully I'll see you in September!

dentwannabe :D

Guest Berland

The interview was definitely a little nerve racking. I showed up 15minutes early, and they were 45min behind schedule, so I had an hour to stew in a lecture hall full of candidates. The first thing I did when I walked in was find a friendly face and introduce myself, so at least I had someone to chat with for the hour. The interview was good, very casual. Kind of a meet and greet with alot of hypothetical questions.

Good luck with your interview as well, I'm sure they can pick out the people who genuinely want to be there. I don't think I could have BS'd the type of questions they asked and still felt confident.

Berland

Guest dentwannabe

Ya, I'm sure it was kinda stressful waiting around with "the competition" for an hour. I'm surprised that they were running that far behind. Oh well, at least all you have to do now is sit back and wait for a big fat envelop to arrive in May :)

dentwannabe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dentwannabe

Well, I think my interview went pretty well, and the facilities looked awesome. Anyway, I was just wondering if you knew how many people U of A interviewed this year and whether or not in previous years some applicants have been accepted/rejected before July. It would be nice to know what I'll be doing next year, one way or the other.....

dentwannabe:D

Guest Berland

Well, anything I could say about the number of people interviewed would be pure speculation, but if as many people interviewed last saturday as did the saturday I interviewed I'd take a shot at around 100 people. When you check in, they crossed you off a list. It looked like about fifty people on that list. I haven't ever heard of anyone getting word back before july 1st. The transcript deadline is june 15th, so that gives them 15 days to decide who's in and out and send out notices.

Berland

Archived