Premed 101 Forums

Impact of OMA Tentative Agreement on Rads, RadOnc, and Path

Curious about what the forecasted impact of the OMA Tentative agreement is on diagnostics/therapeutic residency compensation, workload, and the job market.

I believe I read an article about it that the billings for CT Body and L-spine x-rays was slashed, but I did not see by how much and by what % this is forecasted to affect overall income. (http://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2012/11/ontario-and-oma-reach-agreement.html)

I recognize that money is not everything and that we must follow our passion in medicine, but if cuts are changing the job market and expected workload quantity or composition, it's good to know as med students and residents what we may be getting into.

Curious about what the forecasted impact of the OMA Tentative agreement is on diagnostics/therapeutic residency compensation, workload, and the job market.

I believe I read an article about it that the billings for CT Body and L-spine x-rays was slashed, but I did not see by how much and by what % this is forecasted to affect overall income. (http://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2012/11/ontario-and-oma-reach-agreement.html)

I recognize that money is not everything and that we must follow our passion in medicine, but if cuts are changing the job market and expected workload quantity or composition, it's good to know as med students and residents what we may be getting into.

where they slashed? Or rather just the rules for when you should do them change? (I thought it was the later).

Some of it makes sense - we do way too much uneeded imaging in some areas.

The imaging is performed because of defensive medical concerns. If there is a cookbook algorithm suggested by Big Brother, it may be beneficial in assuaging concerns about legal liability.

I have zero respect for that gargantuan tub of lard Deb Matthews. She is attacking physicians while her government cronies all received five-figure raises at the start of their term. Austerity my ass. Makes me want to vote for that nincompoop Hoodak next time, and that's saying something since Hoodak can't seem to utter a phrase without putting the word "family" in there. He's an idiot too. Everyone is an idiot. What's the point?

So what you're saying is...you're an idiot.

The imaging is performed because of defensive medical concerns. If there is a cookbook algorithm suggested by Big Brother, it may be beneficial in assuaging concerns about legal liability.

I have zero respect for that gargantuan tub of lard Deb Matthews. She is attacking physicians while her government cronies all received five-figure raises at the start of their term. Austerity my ass. Makes me want to vote for that nincompoop Hoodak next time, and that's saying something since Hoodak can't seem to utter a phrase without putting the word "family" in there. He's an idiot too. Everyone is an idiot. What's the point?

Ontario provincial leaders are of extremely poor quality right now. All three party's need new people at the helm.

I share your hate for Deb Matthews. What is worse than her cronies is how her daughter, a midwife, boasts an inefficient and questionable profession.

Archived