Premed 101 Forums

McGill Applicant Stats

Guest Plug Dis

Guest Plug Dis

Hello,

I'm just curious what the stats for McGill applicants is. Please include Undergrad School, home province, cumulative GPA(4.0 scale), Dat(Academic and PAT only), your degree, schools you have applied to and your first choice. Good luck to everyone. I'll go first.

UofT

Ontario

21Academic, 17PAT

Neuroscience

UofT, Western, McGill

UofT is first choice, but just because its close(I'm engaged)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dent2007

HI simlin2007,

Mcgill will notify the acceptance via e-mail in mid-feb for OPP. I am not too sure about the rejection/waitlist would mail out at the same time.

Hmmm, what do they mean by mid-feb?? Feb 15th to 20th???

Based on my last yr experience, McGill send out their offer quite early, if i recalled collectly, it started from the end of March to early April for the first round of offership. Then they wait for the replies from the students, and send out the second round until they eventually fill up the whole class. I was put on the waitlist, and didn't receive anything from them til mid-April. So hang in there, the waiting game can last for awhile.

Guest Dent2007

Hi AA,

So does Mcgill tell you that you are on waitlist when the first offer came out?

Do they tell you what number are you in the waiting list like UT?

Thanks

Hi Dent2007

When I went to the interview, the faculty's secretary told us the letter should be mailed out around end March or early April, so I was going all crazy checking my mail & email during that period. Then I checked with the faculty office (around early/mid April) and I was told that the selection for the class of 2006 was finished, while I still haven't heard anything from them. They told me the last batch of letter has just sent out and I should get mine soon. FINALLY... I got my letter saying I was placed on the waiting list, with no indication on the ranking #, and the "wait" will last upto the end of Aug. The McGill faculty people are very nice, applicants are always welcome to call them up and asked for their list ranking, or movement on the list. So, you can always check with them about your position on the list, but remember to remind them you are in the OOP pool. I think last year there were approx 30-40'ish people placed on the OOP list. I was placed at 20, and by the end of Aug, I came up to 3rd on the list. Most of the movement happened during the summer months, after UT and UWO's sent out their offership.

So... here's my story... hope this helps you.

Yes, it was very close, so close that it got my hope so high in one point, yet still wasn't enought to get me in :rolleyes ... but, I got into UT eventually :lol . Since I'm in the process of finishing up my MSc, I decided to defer my admission to this coming sept (so we may ended up in the same class of 2007, if you get accept to UT this year :P). My undergrad cGPA is nothing spectacular at all, i think is around 3.6-3.7 (with the worst year dropped...),while my grad GPA is around 3.85-3.9. I took my DAT way back in 2000, I think here is what i score... craving: 14, Bio: 21, PAT: 19, Reading Comp: 20 (nothing special either...).

Archived