Premed 101 Forums

Interview Evaluations

I'm not sure if any of you are aware but the evaluation forms that will be used by the admissions committee are available to be viewed in your CaRMS document tracking. Some of you may already be aware of this but it's my first time using the CaRMS application system and since I wasn't told and stumbled on this quite half hazardly, I thought I would let others know.

i have a feeling that it was an error. they have never released the evaluation sheets themselves in the past (to the best of my knowledge), all they would do if you were not accepted was meet with you to relay the gist of or sensor the information. i could see how this sort of information, while constructive and positive in some regards, could likely upset and lessen the confidence of some applicants if the feedback given was not what they would ideally like to hear.

myself, as well as some of my friends, are also unable to log on to carms. my guess is that they have the site shut down until they can correct this error.

seems to be only the OOP (NB so far) applicants who have actually been able to view this information.

how long has anyone known about this? I have been aware of this information since before Christmas and it is only now being taken care of? seems like something that would have been figured out earlier.....maybe just a coincidence it's down today, although it would make sense for it to be removed, it has been available for a while.

wow, you had this info since before xmas?!!!? crazzzzzyyyyy. i am IP and when i checked carms after reading the posts this afternoon (when carms was working) there was no interview evaluations on mine. no idea whats going on!

yes I have..and at least 3 others not talking on this forum..don't know what's going on....uneasy...lol:o

• 2 weeks later...
just checked. nothing there. kinda unfortunate, i was hoping to get a little glimpse. i figure that screwup is probably the reason for the takedown though, seemed too coincidental.

They sent an email around noon today saying that them being up was an error and that it had been corrected. I'm thinking someone from Carms saw the posts on here and shutdown the system so they could correct it.

Love the name WinterIsComing.

I didn't get an e-mail about the posting to CaRMS but I did interview. Does anyone know if all of the interview evals were on CaRMS? Did anyone else who interviewed not get an e-mail? Just obsessing about whether there could be some type of correlation because the letters seem so far away....

Tks

Hi. I'm IP and I interviewed. I did not get an email. I wasn't on carms since September so I can't be sure if my interview eval was up or not. But I'm guessing they were only up for OOP and they only sent the email to these applicants. If anyone knows differently please correct me.

Love the name WinterIsComing.

I didn't get an e-mail about the posting to CaRMS but I did interview. Does anyone know if all of the interview evals were on CaRMS? Did anyone else who interviewed not get an e-mail? Just obsessing about whether there could be some type of correlation because the letters seem so far away....

Tks

They might have just sent emails to individuals from provinces that had evaluations uploaded. I'm from PEI and received an email, and the posters who said they saw their evaluations were from NB. It would make sense that ours would be put on Carms earlier since they issue letters of admission for our provinces sooner. They probably just haven't uploaded the evaluations for the other residency competitions yet since they probably aren't reviewing those files yet to make selections. Just a guess, but I think it probably just had to do with the admissions timelines for the different provinces, and they might not have felt a need to send the message to individuals who couldn't have possibly accessed them. I wouldn't over think it, they wouldn't have any reason to only upload some to Carms, since they will have to review the files for every applicant that got an interview.

Just my two cents!

Archived