Premed 101 Forums

GPA to get into UofT's BScN Program

dpatel87

I know someone who got in last year at the end of June and she had mid to high 70s in her last 2 years of undergrad but tons of extracurricular and work experience. After talking to some students in the program it seems like lots of them have really varied backgrounds - you get people with grad degrees or those who are doing second careers (I heard there were some teachers in the class), and then you get people who just apply after their undergrad! That's probably kind of unhelpful but it seems like they take your work and volunteer experience along with references and grades to rank the applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone your responses are very helpful. At the moment I have an 85.2% on my last 5 full (10 half) credits. I'm hoping to boost it a little bit maybe but I don't think I'll be able to further at the end of this year but hard work will hopefully help.

From what you all are saying, it sounds like I have a pretty decent average but I'm not sure what people mean when they say "a lot of extracurricular and work experience". I worked with a lot of children who have physical and mental disabilities (about 2-3 different settings), then with all types/ages of children (1-2 settings), then with athletes (1 setting), and finally in a hospital in a more ER setting. In your opinion, would this sound like a fair amount of extracurricular?

Thanks again for all of your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm planning on applying to condensed nursing programs next year and had some questions. I know UofT says that they look at the last 5 full credits and I was just wondering if having a few horrible marks in first/second year would be detrimental if my gpa in the last 5-10 full credits was an A/A+? If anyone knows how this would affect applications for other schools that only look at the last few credits, like Western (10 credits) etc., I would love to know.

Also, does UofT take your marks in the prerequisite courses into consideration?

Thanks for any help :)

Archived