Premed 101 Forums

When have interview invites gone out in the past?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else get waitlisted? This is a whole new experience for me (not getting rejected outright)... not sure if real hope or just extending the torture.

The e-mail invites state that we have to "accept or decline" our interviews... Maybe they'll let others interview if the initial round has some people declining? Waitlisting does seem very odd for the interview stage though...

The e-mail invites state that we have to "accept or decline" our interviews... Maybe they'll let others interview if the initial round has some people declining? Waitlisting does seem very odd for the interview stage though...

This is what happened last year too. After people decline interviews they invite who they can off the waitlist

I agree - that always confused me. I wonder how often I actually happens that someone gets off it.

After least it does give a measure of how good your application was overall I guess.

I agree - that always confused me. I wonder how often I actually happens that someone gets off it.

After least it does give a measure of how good your application was overall I guess.

A couple years ago I was waitlisted at mac for an interview and got off the waitlist about 5 days before the interview. I ended up waitlisted for the program--so at least you know you can still be semi-competitive if you get off the waitlist for the interview

I declined an interview two years ago. The only reason I declined it is someone had posted here that they got accepted after being waitlisted for an interview, so it seemed a little selfish to go to the interview just for the hell of it when I already knew where I was going.

Archived