Premed 101 Forums

Application Status?!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the very bottom of the app status page, there is now a new heading that says, like others have pointed out before, "Interview Decision:

Interview Decisions have been made. You have not been selected to interview this admissions cycle."

I am also OOP and this appeared for me on Friday night (it could have been earlier, say during business hours, but I didn't check). As much as I don't want to admit it, I feel like if this is displayed in your UCAN app status, it is very likely to be true. Perhaps we were not the applicants who made it to a full file review and thus they are working on posting their results now such that everything is done and ready to go for the Feb 1 approximate. Dr. Walker also said something like Feb. 1 being a rough approximation so who knows, invites/regrets could be sent earlier. We could speculate forever!

It's a harsh reality, but hey, this whole process takes away a little bit of your soul haha. Good luck to everyone, and to those who haven't/aren't going to receive an invite... I feel you! :(

I literally have a separate interview tab that says I have not been invited to interview (I'm OOP). I'm trying very hard not to over-think this, but why does everyone have something different?! On my regular application status tab it still says no interview decision has been made.

Oh that interview tab has always been there, even there when I applied last year (and I received an interview last year). Mine has been on my application since I first submitted it.

I was under the impressions that under app status, certain people got a "You have not been invited for an interview" instead of what should say "No Interview decision has been made."

But otherwise that Interview tab has always been there, for me at least.

Oh that interview tab has always been there, even there when I applied last year (and I received an interview last year). Mine has been on my application since I first submitted it.

I was under the impressions that under app status, certain people got a "You have not been invited for an interview" instead of what should say "No Interview decision has been made."

But otherwise that Interview tab has always been there, for me at least.

What does it say under your interview tab?

I'm surprised no one addressed this earlier, just out of curiosity.

I just assumed that this tab's default answer was "not invited" as opposed to "invited", and would be updated once selection actually started.

I guess for whatever reason it never did occur to me to ask lol.

Is anyone planning on calling the office?

I agree with the poster above- they obviously know that something's going on, as they've already addressed it on the blog. They have to take someone off another task in order to answer your phone call, and I'll bet their answer will be exactly the same as that on the blog- don't read too much into it, we will send you an email soon.

I agree with the poster above- they obviously know that something's going on, as they've already addressed it on the blog. They have to take someone off another task in order to answer your phone call, and I'll bet their answer will be exactly the same as that on the blog- don't read too much into it, we will send you an email soon.

+1.........

In the interest of killing some time between now and when the emails go out, here is my speculation about the interview tab....

The interview tab was up for some at the beginning of the application cycle for whatever reason (I believe mine was) and it has two settings:

1. You have been invited for an interview; and

2. You have NOT been invited for an interview.

Obviously no one has officially been invited for an interview YET, so setting #1 is most appropriate.

For those who saw the tab appear recently, I speculate that they are in the process of getting the system ready to display the interview status which may have to be done in stages or was accidentally put on some peoples' pages early...who knows, but again it had to display one of two settings, as indicated above.

Just got an email from U of C stating that my file did not go to full file review.

I am OOP and had this posted to my UCAN on Friday.

Good luck to all!

I had the same thing happen to me.

I think it's bad news for anybody who had the change on Friday. Ah well, what to do? Just gotta keep at it

Just a note - in getting my GPA corrected, it became apparent that what admin saw on their end did not match what I saw on my end of UCAN. So I would also not worry too much, they may not have realized those interview tabs were still up..

This happened to me too. They "saw" on their end a GPA that was 0.3 higher than what was displayed on my UCAN! The system does have its glitches, that's for sure.

Archived