Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Number?

One of the papers is a response form that you have to fill out and return to them to confirm that you will be attending the interview. I filled out mine and mailed it Friday by regular mail.

What if it gets lost? Come to think of it, I wish I sent it by registered mail. They also explicitly state not to fax it if we already mailed it so I can't do that. Do they send any indicator that they got our reply? Otherwise, do you think they would contact me if they don't receive my reply by Feb 15th?

That's the correct number. If you look at the letter itself, your number should actually be listed above your name as well.

Yeah, I figured. It's also the same 'OMSAS Number' that I used on that piece of paper that I kept next to me during CASPer. Nonetheless I'll probably call them anyway just to be completely sure.

I haven't gotten mine either, and until I do I'm still skeptical about the reality of the invite...

Haha, I know where you're coming from. I felt a lot better once I was holding my package. Don't worry, it's coming!

One of the papers is a response form that you have to fill out and return to them to confirm that you will be attending the interview. I filled out mine and mailed it Friday by regular mail.

What if it gets lost? Come to think of it, I wish I sent it by registered mail. They also explicitly state not to fax it if we already mailed it so I can't do that. Do they send any indicator that they got our reply? Otherwise, do you think they would contact me if they don't receive my reply by Feb 15th?

Yeah, I was wondering this as well! I suppose I can add it to the list of things I ask when I call them tomorrow.

For anyone who has been keeping track, there are now two things on this list ;)

Just got off the phone with the admissions office.

1) Either number is completely fine to use (ie. the 6 digit number on the letter, or the number used to login to OMSAS starting with 'IT')

2) They send a batch of emails every day to notify us

Wonderful. Thank you! :o

I also spoke with the admissions office, and they told me that the confirmation of receipt may not be sent out before the Feb. deadline. For this reason I am sending mine by mail with a tracking number instead of relying on a sketchy fax machine.

Archived