Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets

Hey Simpson,

Why do you say this will be bad for the IP wait list? I don't follow the logic.

...just curious. Thnx

Last year 4 OOP accepted offer. Of those 2 got through the equity pool so there were only 2 in the OOP pool. The other 8 seats went to IP wait-listers. Now Sask is targeting a different population (MCAT vs. GPA stars). GPA is something every med school values more heavily. This year's OOP pool will have fewer choices= Sask wins by default haha

YESS!!

Invite

IP

GPA: Around 87-88ish mark

OMGGGGssss didnt get a invite, that must mean i wont get an interview!!!!!!! trollface:

Thanks! It really helps those of us who are shunned by the Ontario Universities due to out pathetic VR scores. The chances for IP aren't that bad; I think it's something like 450 applicants for 90 seats, so 1 in 5 chances of acceptance!

The verbal is always a mystery. Yep, smaller med schools/provinces tend to be easier much like NOSM/Dal/Sask. Now you are on level playing field with an IP in Sask with a 90+% which certainly is much easier than a top 2% MCAT haha

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First to post gets bragging rights! :) or are you too chicken? I've never known trolls to be chickens. You may be the first!

Hypothetical Syllogism everyone, behold.

If P, then Q

If Q, then R

If R, then S

Therefore: If P, then S.

As aforementioned...

If one gets to post invite first, he/she gets bragging rights

If he/she gets bragging rights, he/she is not too chicken

If he/she is not too chicken, he/she is never known to be a troll

Therefore: If one gets to post invite first, he/she is never known to be a troll.

Based on that logic...we can assume that this:

YESS!!

Invite

IP

GPA: Around 87-88ish mark

is validated by your beautifully well thought out, and might I say slightly implicit (which is always quite interesting in having to make explicit), argument.

If someone out there who actually took Phil 140 can correct this if there were any mistakes, that'd be just awesome.

^^^

Wow seriously, the argument would only be sound if all the premises are true, yet I doubt we could agree on any of them except that david posted getting the invite first.

The awesome part is...I didn't say the argument was sound at all, just valid. Validity and soundness are two different things. Validity just assumes that that if the premises hold true, the conclusion must follow as such.

But what do I know, I've never taken a Philosophy class :P

The awesome part is...I didn't say the argument was sound at all, just valid. Validity and soundness are two different things. Validity just assumes that that if the premises hold true, the conclusion must follow as such.

But what do I know, I've never taken a Philosophy class :P

:rolleyes:

I assume what Pink meant, was physical proof of invite...ie attach copy of email.

Given the nature of this forum, I, like many others, tend to rely on evidence to support claims.... ;)

Must be cold under that bridge?

Bahaha, took the words right out of my mouth. Good luck all (hopefully this afternoon).

Dear David A,

Thank you for your application to the College of Medicine. Having recognized your outstanding talents, we have decided to offer you a seat in our prestigious college...

thats how the email went... not sure... if I have to do interviews at this point or not... given that they offered me a seat

NO DECISION MADE!

Dear Princess Aishley,

We have reviewed all files and sent interview invitations for the College of Medicine Multiple Mini Interview on March 16th and 17th, 2013. At this time, no decision has been made regarding your application.

For those students who have been granted deferred examinations, we will not calculate your average for the purpose of an interview invitation until we have received the official results of all of your term 1 final examinations.

This year (term 1 to this point) may not be a year that we will be considering when calculating an applicant’s competitive average for interview invitation, however, we have a policy in our office that no decision is made on a file until all final grades are received. This includes deferred grades from a not-full year. As we require proof of applicants having a consistent or improved academic performance, all final grades are considered in that respect. Generally, we hold back enough interview spots to allow for those students writing deferred exams in February so you do not have to worry about all of the interview spots being filled by our first round of interview offers.

If you have not done so already, please email our office with the course name, number, the instructor’s name and contact information. Once you have the date of the deferred examination, I would ask that you notify our office, as well. Please ask the instructor to email the course final grade to me as soon as it is available. We will then confirm the grade once it is posted to PAWS and then notify you of your status regarding an interview invitation.

You may be interested to know that the initial cutoff for interviews this year was [EDIT: I am going to remove cut off because it will make your guys really nervous..it made me nervous last year too...just do your best and forget about the cut-off].

:mad: that deferred exam!!!

Archived