Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Invite - Feb 5th, 4:47pm (Eastern Time)

average: ~91%

MCAT: 13P, 11V, 11B Q

Not sure if OOP or trolling... IP's have to wait I think... I think I might get an interview... if the bar isnt raised high... (~87.5%)...

Gosh... U of S students really need to log off from their computers... hahaha... Im typing this from someone elses account...

Rejected

OOP

GPA ~93%

MCAT: 13 VR 11 PS 10 BS N WS

Disappointing because I interviewed at Sask last year; but, they shifted their focus to MCAT scores instead of GPA, and apparently a 35 was needed for an interview this year. It's too bad (for me!) that they don't do some sort of GPA + MCAT sum instead of just a GPA cut-off.

Rejected

OOP

GPA ~93%

MCAT: 13 VR 11 PS 10 BS N WS

Disappointing because I interviewed at Sask last year; but, they shifted their focus to MCAT scores instead of GPA, and apparently a 35 was needed for an interview this year. It's too bad (for me!) that they don't do some sort of GPA + MCAT sum instead of just a GPA cut-off.

Oh no :( Hope you applied elsewhere...

^Sweet, congrats guys! I think this is a great program by usask to pickup on great candidates who may have had mediocre grades from previous years but redeem themselves with the MCAT. Additionally, OOP will still probably just need to pass the MMI to get in and probably get interviews for a couple more years if they fail = almost guaranteed med school. On the other hand, bad news for IP wait list.

^Sweet, congrats guys! I think this is a great program by usask to pickup on great candidates who may have had mediocre grades from previous years but redeem themselves with the MCAT. Additionally, OOP will still probably just need to pass the MMI to get in and probably get interviews for a couple more years if they fail = almost guaranteed med school. On the other hand, bad news for IP wait list.

Thanks! It really helps those of us who are shunned by the Ontario Universities due to out pathetic VR scores. The chances for IP aren't that bad; I think it's something like 450 applicants for 90 seats, so 1 in 5 chances of acceptance!

Well, congrats on the interview. Hope to se you there.

Yeah dude... although, I don't think I'll publicly announce "I'm David_007"... (Too many people after my head... especially because I have trolled an infinite amount of times...) hahaha... I'm banking on getting into Alberta though... whatev's good luck to you

Archived