Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets

Sorry to hear that Aishley, there really should be a spot for consideration for consideration of noble birth on the application :cool:

Got an invite, but guess that means I just made this years cut-off. Wasn't sure because I had a long break in the middle with some less than spectacular performances around then, and reasonable marks after that.

IP, applied under MCAT pre-req

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO DECISION MADE!

:mad: that deferred exam!!!

Just kill it... knowing you (even though its over the forum)... I know that you are capable of killing it... good luck with your exam, and I hope you get an invite... of all the people in this forum I believe you are most deserving... due to the dedication and perseverance that you have shown!

Invite

IP

Best 2 (1.5 years) Year Average: 93.7%

Hahah sorry I was just too excited and forgot to post my stuff

IP

2 year: ~83

Prereq: 78 avg route

Hey Pink,

I assume since you were so excited that means you got an interview. Someone earlier posted that the cutoff was 84.75. Are you in the aboriginal pool, or could your GPA be higher?

I guess I just trying to get a handle on what the cutoff looked like.

Thanks, and congrats on getting an interview.

Hey Pink,

I assume since you were so excited that means you got an interview. Someone earlier posted that the cutoff was 84.75. Are you in the aboriginal pool, or could your GPA be higher?

I guess I just trying to get a handle on what the cutoff looked like.

Thanks, and congrats on getting an interview.

Yes I am part of the aboriginal pool.

The power of the almighty internet, able to post ***t and people will believe it

Unless you live under a bridge, there isn't much reason to lie. This forum is supposed to be a place to provide support and advice, and to share information. Not be missleading and muddy the water for people with legitimate questions.

I don't think many people appreciate the trolling on this site. The U of S forum seems particularily bad for some reason (able to apply w/o a degree = more immature applicants???).

Thanks to all that have provided solid information. Much appreciated.

sd

Unless you live under a bridge, there isn't much reason to lie. This forum is supposed to be a place to provide support and advice, and to share information. Not be missleading and muddy the water for people with legitimate questions.

I don't think many people appreciate the trolling on this site. The U of S forum seems particularily bad for some reason (able to apply w/o a degree = more immature applicants???).

sd

Well said surfer!! The reason why I started using this site was for support and share info. Maybe the trollings help with the sense of feel good? I don't really know but I do appreciate some of the input on here!

sd

Yeah guys, seriously the trolling on this forum should stop. And who's that guy that states all those vagina jokes? Vagina jokes aren't funny. PERIOD.

• 3 weeks later...

sd

100% Agreed. There seems to be a few people on here who enjoy spreading misinformation and I find it quite annoying. Are we applying into medical school or clown college? People should smarten up. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Rejected Pre-interview:

Two best Avg ~84.2 :mad:

This is getting worst...last year at least I had interview...I don't want to live in this planet anymore...

Dear Loser,

Thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan.

We have reviewed all applications and regret to inform you that we will not be considering your application further. For your information, the initial cut-off average for those Saskatchewan applicants invited for an interview this year was >84.75% in the best two full years (full year defined as equivalent to 30 credits at the U of S completed during the September to April term), including meeting the prerequisite or MCAT requirement.

Archived