</username>
		<dateline>1118446740</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey people,

Tomorrow is the last day to pay deposites for UofT right? So I am assuming the waitlist will start to move as of tomorrow or tuesday. So who's going to call and post how much the list has moved? I can't I have an exam and work tomorrow, so if someone could do that, I think a lot of people would appreciate it.

Keep hope alive!

JK

Guest predent2003

I think Tuesday would be a better day to call because the deadline would have passed.

My gut feeling tells me that June will be when the list really moves. :\

i agree, but we can pray that for some bizzar reason the wait list jumps on the first day. I think realistically it will probably move like 5 spaces this week. And by the time western and all med schools come out it should really move, just like u said some time in june/july.

Guest Dentist

#11 OOP list?

I don't think OOP list moves as much as in-province one.

but who knows? everyone in front of me could have got into their own province schools and wanna stay there!

Any thoughts or encouragement?

OK, well, the UT out of prov waitlist should have moved by 1 spot because I just withdrew my acceptance. I have decided to go to McGill instead! Thankfully I got the deposit back from UT so it all worked out well. So I hope at least I made one of you guys happy!

Guest 1molar

WK, are you sure that it is not the in-province list that will move because you have withdrawn??? I thought you were at UT doing your masters...

Well, today is the deadline for deposit and I explained my situation and she said there is no problem...I think it would have been a problem had I responded tomorrow. The lady was nice and I guess I caught her in a good mood. :)

It will be the out of province list I think...Although I am not too sure on this. When I was at UBC interview, they said I was in the in province pool (I am a BC resident originally) so I thought I was out of province in all the other schools (UT and McGill). But I have been living in TO for the last 2 years and Ontario considers 12 months of living in Toronto as residency of Ontario...so...it may be either. But I think I am out of province...In any case one of you will be happy!

Guest LestatZinnie

look forward to seeing you next year WK.

i really hate mcgill this time of year though because most other schools are done but we have school until late June :x

Guest per te

hey wk, i think you were probably on the in-province list. i'm from bc too and going to school in ontario but UofT considers me in-province since i lived here for 12 months like you said, for which i'm very thankful :) I can't even get osap here even though I've been here for 4 years.. :x

oh..also, there is no in-prov/oop at ubc anymore

can i ask what made you choose mcgill in the end?

~*per te*~

Hi per te, the reason for McGill being my first choice can be found at

b19.ezboard.com/fpremed10...=432.topic

my very last post...:P

Look forward to seeing you too Lestat! Would you by any chance know of any 4th years moving and looking for someone to take over their lease? Need to start looking for a place there now...I know Montreal fairly well (lived in the ghetto for 4 years) so I'd know what you mean when you talk about locations...

Guest LestatZinnie

Sorry I don't know anyone who is moving right now. You can always check the classified on the mcgill website which has tons of listings around the summer. hope this helps!

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Hey WK...i'm looking too. So you better not steal my apartment! ;)

At least you have a bit of an advantage having lived in the city for four years. I'm a bit apprehensive about my housing search! I've been looking at a Map of Downtown Montreal to try and locate addressses for the apartments listed on McGill's off campuse housing website, so I'm getting more familiar with the layout of the areas surrounding McGill. I'm just a bit worried about finding my way around! Oh well, I guess I'll see at the end of the month - I'm making a trip out there to look for a place. Just hope I don't have to fly home without a place (that will really really suck!!!!)

If anyone has any apartment hunting tips, they would be greatly appreciated. so many of you have been so helpful already! Thanks! :D

P.S. I'm glad you made the choice to attend McGill, WK. I think it's going to be soooooo great! (Except for the loooong school year)

Looking forward to seeing you too, pearlywhites. During the years of my undergrad (98~02) the rent in the ghetto was dirt cheap. I was in a prime location (so close to Strathcona building actually!) and for my huge bachelor I paid $400/mth. Things have changed dramatically since then...Ghetto is extremely convienient for sure, close to everything you need. For first time McGillers, ghetto experience is a must I think...However, I want to live away from there for personal reasons. :)

Guest pearlywhitesBC

I've heard lots of good things about the ghetto but I don't know if I want to live that close to campus. After spending 2 years actually living ON campus at UBC (during my undergrad) I got kind of sick of feeling isolated from the "real world" and just being around students all of the time. Of course, the UBC campus is much more isolated than the McGill campus, so I guess I should take that into account.

Ha ha Lestat Zinnie...good guess. :)

Guest LestatZinnie

the ghetto is very convenient for everything. It's about 15min walk to the "robson st" equivalent of montreal and about the same distance from st laurent, where bars and restaurents galore. you're right the mcgill campus is unlike ubc- it's right in the downtown core so if you get sick of the academic environment you can always walk a block or two to a mall or something.

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448120</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>UofT Waitlist</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>tm</username>

<dateline>1083288600</dateline>

<title>UT Waitlist</title>

<pagetext>They probably just didn't get around to sorting out the waitlist in the last few days, especially since people are probably adding and dropping after the deadline... anyways, I will give them a call next week and find out.

Let's hope it starts moving!! If anyone calls tomorrow please let us know what you hear!

I think we have a good group of people here, and between all of us, we should be updating the forum with info daily on the waitlist if we all call once a week.

Guest Kicoati

Hi there, I got an e-mail reply from the admissions office. I moved forward 3 places on the in-province waitlist. Sorry I didn't get any information on the OOP list. I was told that many people in the past year did withdrew after the deposit was paid. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Good Luck everyone!

Archived