Premed 101 Forums

Special Status?

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446740</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

Guest 1molar

Thanks for the update Kicoati! I guess the waitlist will move once again when the acceptances for other dental schools and med schools come out. Btw, when is it that the offers of admission for Ontario med schools are made? Hang in there fellow waitlisters:smokin !!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest predent2003

I phone again today.

There are 3 spots for in-province list. And ZERO for out-of-province list.>:

I am starting to lose hope:( Don't know when there'll be further movements. (I am trying to figure out what would make those people give up their spot....)

Anyone know any OOP student that got in?

Good luck everyone:)

Guest Kicoati

Hi again, the 3 spots could be people dropping out from the accepted bunch or could be someone from the waiting list, don't know, but doesn't matter at this point.

Medschool offers from ON will be out end of May but people are required to make firm decisions much later, in July.

How about results from other dental schools? How many are out? Only UBC, McGill and UofT? Anyone know when UofA, UofM, UofS and Dal will send out offers or are they already out?

• 2 months later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448120</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>UofT Waitlist</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<dateline>1118448120</dateline>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Saint Seiya

So, I guess, you have to give up your deposit. UBC is smart....that's how they get free money. Same as UofSask.

Find a place near the campus.

Guest nav29

Hi

I will be withdrawing my spot at U of T this afternoon. I have received an acceptance at my top choice for medical school. I know the wait can be extremely difficult (as I was also placed on a wait list for medical school) and so I will be withdrawing my position at U of T immediately. Good luck.

Bye

Guest jughead09

hey guys, I'm not an applicant for UT dental, I am on a waiting list for UWO. But I have a question: it seems like your list is moving, how many spots in total has it moved?

Just wondering, 'cuz I don't think UWO is moving much.

:(

Guest Kicoati

Thanks so much JK for the news!

Jughead, I think the UofT list is moving even slower than the UWO list (I am on both lists, and no e-mail coming from even one of them for this long is really annoying). UofT first round has been out for 3 months now and as you can see the in-province list has moved 9 spots as of today and the OOP list around 2 (and I don't think it would have moved much more than that, maybe another one or so)... therefore if the UWO list has truly moved 15, the UofT list has less movement than that.

:(

Guest TheDDSDude

predent, stay in BC. It is a lot nicer. UBC, close to home, cheaper, etc. I don't know who is making up stuff about UBC students not getting hired over a U of T student. If you have good grades and more importantly profs that support you, you will have no problem getting hired.

In terms of deposits, i gave up like $5000 worth of deposits. One after another, it's nothing compared to the amount (moneywise and more importantly lifewise) if you regret your choice later.

If UT is the choice then i'll see u in class come sept. If u are headin' back to BC, you might as well stay in BC. At least you will have a good base of contacts. That's more important than the school you go to I think.

Oh yeah, I know of two people for sure that dropped U of T for med school so that's 2 more spots. Good luck.

Guest nav29

Hi

Thanks for the congratulations kicoati. I will be attending McMaster.

Yes, I am the one who knows another student who was holding a spot at U of T dents even after receiving an acceptance to med in the US. I will get in touch with her to see if she has withdrawn her position at U of T yet. Last time I had spoken to her, she said she would do it soon, because she was having doubts about moving away. But she left for the US yesterday, so she is definitely not going to U of T. To tell you the truth, I dont think she dropped her spot yet, because she did not seem too receptive when I brought it up. If she's still holding the spot, I will be VERY persistent, because I know how difficult it is to be waiting.

bye

• 1 month later...
Guest Leeuwenhock

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine told me about this forum. I am just finishing up my masters and was wondering if anyone knows of any dental schools (Canadian preferably, but US considered also) which places people with graduate degrees in a special catagory (points??) for admission? Special considerations?

I've heard Manitoba has a point system and that having a graduate degree earns more points. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>UofT Orientation</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>predent2003</username>

<dateline>1093063260</dateline>

<title>UofT Orientation</title>

<pagetext>Hi there,

So how many of you are going to attend the orientation? And are you going to go to every tevents that they have?

As for the dress code, what are you guys going to wear for sept 1st? We don't need a suit right?

Oh and yes, what is Docks guys? I am new to toronto and I don't know what that is.....:) also, are we really gonna get wet @ wonderland??

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446680</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>UofT...where are we living?</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>TabeshDDS</username>

<dateline>1090886220</dateline>

<title>UofT...where are we living?</title>

<pagetext>Hey all,

I just wanted to know where everyone is living this year. I'm going into first year at UofT Dent, and I still don't have a place to stay downtown, so I wanted to see what everyone else is doing to find a place.

talk to you all soon.:hat

Archived