Premed 101 Forums

Interventional Cardiology

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of money in interventional cardiology (some may earn in the 7 figures, but the vast majority are in the upper 6 figures). Like it was mentioned however, there are no spots nationwide for "simple" interventionists. They often have to do extra training in valves, congenital or peripheral (on top of their cath fellowship) in order to land a position, often in academic centres. It's widely said and known that you need to have a promise to be hired BEFORE leaving for cath fellowship, or you might come back and not find a job.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea you'd really have to enjoy that though.

But when do you ever get to enjoy that money? Your ferrari will be collecting dust :(

One of my favourite doctor jokes involves a poor desperately sick patient John who has only a 100 dollar bill left to his name that he needs to pay his rent when we gets out of the hospital - but they took all his clothes etc and he needs to hide this money from all the greedy doctors that would want to steal it, so he asks a caring nurse Sally how can he keep it safe. She says that is tricky and it depends on what doctors are coming to see him:

John: first there is an orthopedic surgeon to fix my leg.

Sally: that's easy - just stick in your chart - no ortho doc ever reads the chart!

John: ok but first they want X-Rays and a radiologist to look at it.

Sally: No worries, just tape it to your forehead, rads always avoid patients

John: Wow! Ok, well next a cardiac surgeon will see me to fix my heart

Sally: Oh just pay his kids a candy bar to look after it for a bit. He never sees his kids.

John: Great! Next there is a that neuro surgeon looking at my thick head.

Sally: Just give to one of his ex-wives to look after during the operation. They try to hold all of his money anyway.

John: Awesome! Lastly there is this plastic surgeon to tidy everything up.

Sally: oh john, I am so, so sorry - there no way to hide money from a plastic surgeon!

One of my favourite doctor jokes involves there poor desperately sick patient John who has only a 100 dollar bill left to his name that he needs to pay his rent when we gets out of the hospital - but they took all his clothes etc and he needs to hide this money from all the greedy doctors that would want to steal it, so he asks a caring nurse Sally how can he keep it safe. She says that is tricky and it depends on what doctors are coming to see him:

John: first there is an orthopedic surgeon to fix my leg.

Sally: that's easy - just stick in your chart - no ortho doc ever reads the chart!

John: ok but first they want X-Rays and a radiologist to look at it.

Sally: No worries, just tape it to your forehead, rads always avoid patients

John: Wow! Ok, well next a cardiac surgeon will see me to fix my heart

Sally: Oh just pays his kids a candy bar to look after it for a bit. He never sees his kids.

John: Great! Next there is a that neuro surgeon looking at my thick head.

Sally: Just give to one of his ex-wives to look after for a bit. They try to hold all of his money anyway.

John: Awesome! Lastly there is this plastic surgeon to tidy everything up.

Sally: oh john, I am so, so sorry - there no way to hide money from a plastic surgeon!

lmao. this is golden

Archived