Premed 101 Forums

OFFICIAL: who's applying to PT 2013?

I am, but this whole cGPA things makes me go nuts. I'm from Quebec and I don't understand a word of what's happening here. PT is my plan B for medecine!

A month later but hope this helps! I'm also from Quebec and this was all so very new to me as well, I sadly know everything now because its my second year applying. Cumulative gpa is basically the gpa you have out of your undergrad and subgpa is calculated by considering the last 20 courses we have (its 10 full courses, meaning 6 credits each, or 20 half courses, meaning 3 credits each) being from quebec, I've never seen a "full course" haha if you need any help let me know, ill gladly help you with these new terms :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Just received my letter from ORPAS, my sub GPA is 3.5 and cGPA is 3.35. My second year marks really brought me down :( . Banking on Queens because their cut off is the lowest and I do have extensive extracurricular experience. I also applied to U of T OT. I was accepted to D'Youville College in Buffalo for their Physical Therapy program. It looks like I may have to start considering DYC...

I was also accepted to DYC. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though, I would rather stay in Canada. I also really don't want to start in June.

No being harsh, but based on history, Mac usually have the same if not higher cutoff (by 0.01) than UT....

No way to know until they say no, but I guess that makes sense since its the same group of people applying at each school. Not my year I guess.

No being harsh, but based on history, Mac usually have the same if not higher cutoff (by 0.01) than UT....

No way to know until they say no, but I guess that makes sense since its the same group of people applying at each school. Not my year I guess.

Given that mac has easier prerequisite requirements, the first round cutoffs for interviews are usually around 0.04 above the U of T CAP. However, keep in mind that Mac does have a waitlist for their MMI, so they will go below their original cutoff to get applicants since they don't want to waste a station in their MMI. This is why their reported cutoff is always about the same as U of T.

Given that mac has easier prerequisite requirements, the first round cutoffs for interviews are usually around 0.04 above the U of T CAP. However, keep in mind that Mac does have a waitlist for their MMI, so they will go below their original cutoff to get applicants since they don't want to waste a station in their MMI. This is why their reported cutoff is always about the same as U of T.

Cut offs are totally dependent on the applicant pool GPA divided buy the applicant pool total. It has nothing to do with prerequisites etc . All schools are GPA centric in order to streamline the selection process. Heck, I firmly believe I am a qualified candidate but it would take forever for them to go through 1300 applicants looking for the most qualified. You'd think they would but it isn't going to happen. Get a high GPA and you're in regardless of anything else. It's just the way it is. Sucks for me that I didn't pull of a 3.8 but those are the breaks. Time to focus on another career path, time isn't on my side. Best of luck everyone! I truly hope that those who have a passion for PT get in and succeed.

Cut offs are totally dependent on the applicant pool GPA divided buy the applicant pool total. It has nothing to do with prerequisites etc . All schools are GPA centric in order to streamline the selection process. Heck, I firmly believe I am a qualified candidate but it would take forever for them to go through 1300 applicants looking for the most qualified. You'd think they would but it isn't going to happen. Get a high GPA and you're in regardless of anything else. It's just the way it is. Sucks for me that I didn't pull of a 3.8 but those are the breaks. Time to focus on another career path, time isn't on my side. Best of luck everyone! I truly hope that those who have a passion for PT get in and succeed.

According to the ORPAS book, "The cut‑off was 3.67/4.00 in 2011 and 3.72/4.00 in 2012" for McMaster PT.

I believe McMaster notices come out around next week or so? Keep your chin up. It's not over yet :)

Cut offs are totally dependent on the applicant pool GPA divided buy the applicant pool total. It has nothing to do with prerequisites etc . All schools are GPA centric in order to streamline the selection process. Heck, I firmly believe I am a qualified candidate but it would take forever for them to go through 1300 applicants looking for the most qualified. You'd think they would but it isn't going to happen. Get a high GPA and you're in regardless of anything else. It's just the way it is. Sucks for me that I didn't pull of a 3.8 but those are the breaks. Time to focus on another career path, time isn't on my side. Best of luck everyone! I truly hope that those who have a passion for PT get in and succeed..

Did you apply to queens? If you did, you will most likely get it due to all your ECs and competitive GPA

• 4 weeks later...
How did it go for you for the UT? any responses from the schools?

UT? UofT declined, MAC declined, doubtful for Western so banking on solid winter exam scores for next years app. If I can keep the grades I have I will be at 3.81 after this roun of finals

UT? UofT declined, MAC declined, doubtful for Western so banking on solid winter exam scores for next years app. If I can keep the grades I have I will be at 3.81 after this roun of finals

Isn't it so frustrating that just a year ago, 3.73 would be 0.02 well over the cut-off? why is it that NOW things are going crazy. I'm so angry! lol

I applied to Mac, U of T, and Western with a 3.89 GPA. I accepted the U of T CAP and Mac MMI invitations, but I am leaning towards Western. May 17th couldn't come any sooner!

By the way, does anyone know for sure what the Western cut-off was for 2012? I know it has went up every year so I'm anxious to know.

Archived