Premed 101 Forums

UBC OT Interview

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard back yet for the UBC interview... I was looking at last year and they didn't seem to hear back until the 23rd of Feb, and interviews are held March 7-9th. So hopefully we find out next week???

If anyone does hear can they post right away??

Cheers.

i work with some ots and i've been picking their brains...they strongly suggest that i think fast on my feet. not as easy as it sounds, but very important not to come in with memorized stuff. they kept telling me to be 'dynamic.' i will be driving up to BC..what's the weather like? is the building where the interviews being held centrally located?

I think that's some good advice. I talked to someone who had an interview two years ago and they said that it was less of an interview and more of a test of knowledge. I'm really nervous! Has anyone heard anything else? I don't know anything about the building or the weather, I will be coming in from out of town as well, sorry!

Hey everyone,

I have an interview this Thursday. Just wondering if anyone knows if its an MMI, or simply a panel interview? Also, any idea how many people are being interviewed this year? I feel pretty prepared for either interview style, but its nice knowing what you're walking in to :)

Thanks, and good luck to all of you!!

I just found some information on another thread on this site! It looks like its simply a panel interview, with 125 people interviewing for 48 spots (I'm guessing its info from past years?).

There are plenty of study tips and sample scenarios for the MMI, and as for the panel interview I've been practising speaking about why I want to be an OT, and about my work experience with people with disabilities (responsibilities, challenges, learning, etc) and how these experiences relate to the field. I found this blog post to be really helpful. There's also some good tips throughout the rest of the blog.

Good Luck!

How did everyone's interviews go? I had one interviewer that was all smiles, but couldn't tell by the response of the student or the other faculty member... I thought the questions were very fair, but that I didn't get to express as much as I would have liked because I was just responding to the scenarios!! how did everyone else feel?

mine went well too...I feel the same way, after I was thinking "did I remember to say.." All of my interviewers smiled, which I was hoping was a good sign but I have no idea. Some people I talked to mentioned that some people got accepted already without the interview based on grades, etc. and that only about 24 ppl were being chosen from the 125...does anyone know if this is true? I'm so nervous - 3 weeks of waiting is too long!

really?! I am doubtful of that, and didn't hear anything about it either, I was in contact with a girl who is in the program now and she didn't mention anything like that. It would seem fairly redundant to have interviews over three days if that was the case... anyone out there can correct me if I'm wrong though.

I went to an info session that Rehana put on, and I believe she said there are up to 15 spots for people who have at least an A average. So the rest are for us interviewers! As for the interview....I felt mine went well too! Hard to get in all the stuff you want to...I can't wait until April 2-5.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived