Premed 101 Forums

UBC OT Interview

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it did, but from the sound of it, it seems like we're pretty much in, I think it said the instructions for acceptance will be in the official letter they're sending us within the next few weeks!

Congrats!!! The last few weeks have been ridiculous to say the least haha couldn't think of anything but this!

I was just wondering of those of you have been accepted could you let us know what date you have to accept the offer by? Just wondering when people will hear back from the other Universities such as McGill and U of T as well.

Thanks!

Hi Manna,

What number are you on the waitlist if you don't mind my asking? I am number 12 and still holding on to hope. I believe 13 got in off the waitlist last year....and 9 the year before. I cant wait until the other schools send out acceptances so the waitlist starts moving!

I'm number 24... so there is really very little chance I will get in. I did see that last year it was 13 that got in though, so best of luck to you!! I'm sure you'll make it :) I'm actually not opposed to taking a year off of studies to have some different experiences before I get into this program, but I do know that UBC is where I want to be next year.

I was just wondering of those of you have been accepted could you let us know what date you have to accept the offer by? Just wondering when people will hear back from the other Universities such as McGill and U of T as well.

Thanks!

I'm not sure about McGill but U of T, McMaster, Western, Queen's all send out their acceptances on May 17th!

I'm also waitlisted at UBC, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! For now, it looks like I will need to accept my place at Alberta.

Here's to hoping for some good movement on the wait list!

Got my acceptance for OT at UBC. Really excited for the program :D

They're only giving 14 days to accept and give the non-refundable deposit... this is much faster than I expected. I am also waiting for responses from a few other Ontario schools...

Anyone in the same position? The non-refundable deposit doesn't matter to me, its just that I am curious if it will affect my application to other schools if I have already accepted to another one?

Btw, Congrats to everyone!

Got my acceptance for OT at UBC. Really excited for the program :D

They're only giving 14 days to accept and give the non-refundable deposit... this is much faster than I expected. I am also waiting for responses from a few other Ontario schools...

Anyone in the same position? The non-refundable deposit doesn't matter to me, its just that I am curious if it will affect my application to other schools if I have already accepted to another one?

Btw, Congrats to everyone!

Hey Tomoto, where did you find out that you only have 14 days to accept? I got the recommendation for admission from the MOT department email this past Tuesday, and it didn't have any dates for acceptance on there? and said we will be receiving that information in the mail in the next week or two from the faculty of graduate studies, have you received that mail already?

As for your question, I really don't know, I only applied to UBC and UofA, but UBC was my #1 choice so i'm more than ready to accept! If I had to guess i'd imagine that you could pay the deposit and still wait to hear back from your other choices, and accept those if it came down to it, and then someone will probably be accepted off the waitlist, but your deposit would be gone. I don't think it would have an affect on your applications to other schools, but then again don't take my word for it cause I'm purely speculating haha

Hey Tomoto, where did you find out that you only have 14 days to accept? I got the recommendation for admission from the MOT department email this past Tuesday, and it didn't have any dates for acceptance on there? and said we will be receiving that information in the mail in the next week or two from the faculty of graduate studies, have you received that mail already?

As for your question, I really don't know, I only applied to UBC and UofA, but UBC was my #1 choice so i'm more than ready to accept! If I had to guess i'd imagine that you could pay the deposit and still wait to hear back from your other choices, and accept those if it came down to it, and then someone will probably be accepted off the waitlist, but your deposit would be gone. I don't think it would have an affect on your applications to other schools, but then again don't take my word for it cause I'm purely speculating haha

I received a subsequent email from the program manager two days after my initial acceptance email indicating the 14 days given to accept the offer of admission. Yes, after some discussion, I completely agree. I will accept the offer and wait to hear replies as well. I was worried initially that it would affect my possibility with other schools and maybe even decrease the seat number for another individual wanting to enter but I think I was mistaken about that.

I am indeed very excited about UBCs program, I just have always wanted to go abroad for my graduate studies :) Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I will see you come September?

:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived