Premed 101 Forums

UBC Physiotherpay

Guest Physioprospect
I just got my rejection letter today...I got a 3.93 GPA and 150 hours of volunteer work and I am a BC resident...anyone else got similar situation?

Who knows what the hell UBC looks for, I had similar stats +2000 hrs working in a clinic and i got reject post interview. place is rigged. Sorry for you. you'll get into western for sure if u applied there.

Calculating by gpa usually gives a higher grade than calculating by percentage. The department calculates by percentage in order to come up with a cut-off, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Doing more hours of volunteering does not help; you need 70 hours, but a 100 hours do not make you a better applicant, unless you have the same grade as another applicant and they want to compare you. Same with reference letters; they're used to compare people with the exact same percentage.

Try not to have a last-ten-courses-average below 82%, and try not to get below 75% on any of your last 10 courses, since they want to see consistent academic performance.

Hey guys,

I got an interview this year. My GPA was 3.95 for the prerequisites and I am a BC resident. I also have around 200 hours of work experience with a physiotherapist.

The format is MMI and consists of 9 stations that are 6 minutes long each, with 2 minutes to move in between stations. There are four components to the MMI: discussion, collaboration, acting, and written.

I was wondering if anyone else got an interview this year, and if anyone would like to meet up to practise the MMI in the near future?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived