Premed 101 Forums

Need some Opinions

Guest djgoldma

Guest djgoldma

Hey,

spent my first year at U of T (undergrad). I was only there b/c my family could not afford to pay for me to live away from home and attend Waterloo. I worked during my UT days and saved enough to transfer to Waterloo. Unfortunatelt, my UT marks were @#%$. I ended up with a 71% average, and a 50% in first year calculus. Since then, I have spent 2 years in waterloo and achieved straight A's, and One C (organic chemistry)

My overall GPA works out to be around 3.63. I am taking the dats in November. Will my year at UT hurt me ? I am only applying to UT dentistry. Do they weigh all years the same ?

Are they big on carving ?

Where can I get practice material for carving ?

Thanks a lot..

Hey, I don't know much about UofT, but I do know that they don't care about the carving (Some of the people posting their stats have 3's, 5's and still were accepted); That being said, you need a really good PAT and AA, so focus on those. As for gpa etc. I have no idea whats competative there,

good luck,

epzi

(By the way, the carving materials can be obtained from the cda, visit there website and you can order them online)

Guest TabeshDDS

hey,

if you manage to land an interview you'll be ok. I'm not sure if you'll get it based on your grades, but if you do, the interview will count more than any grades.

relax and you'll be ok.

Guest TheDDSDude

you are going into fourth year yes?

If so, they drop your worst year. No worries.

Just make sure you do well on the PAT and AA (academic average) u of T doesn't even care aobut soap carving.

My buddy got like a 10 in soap carving, i did @#%$ too like an 11 or osmething. Don't worry about it. it isn't even indicative of how you will do. My friend who got the 10 is doing gret in dental school in every aspect.

that's why even the US schools most of them don't care for soap carving. U of T honestly is all about marks, your DAT isn't even that important.

I was told, 60% marks, 15% DAT, 35% interview.

If you can land an interview, just make sure you say the things they wanna hear, be consistent, be yourself and you're in like sin buddy.

Do well on the DAT, leave your options open.

Archived