Premed 101 Forums

whats the lowest gpa that has been admitted

Guest deeja1030

Guest deeja1030

in a candian dental school that u mite know of? I know dental schools in the US are a lot easier gpa wise to get into than Canadian School but I was wondering whats the lowest gpa that u know of being admitted

and realistically what are teh chances with a 3.3 GPA and 19-20s on all section of the DAT

thanks a lot

I think at UofA the lowest score has consistently been (7.5-7.6) which is about a 3.5 I think. I know that in manitoba some of the residents got in with around 3.3, if your out of province you need much higher than this. (Anyone have the stats for some other schools?)

Realistically a 3.3 with 19-20's on the DAT will not get you in anywhere, maybe not even an interview, but the competativeness of the pool of applicants changes every year, so who knows.

If your in your first/second year, just buckledown and pull off a couple good years (western and some other schools ie. sask, only look at your best two years); If your done with your degree maybe do an extra year, redo the DAT or even consider graduate school (masters) before applying again

good luck,

epzi :)

Guest deeja1030

thanks for the info,

actually im goin into 2nd year and i havent done the DAT yet..jus wondering about which scores have good chances..

I would wish to apply for Sept. 2006 admissions so i was also wondering whether the schools will calculate Summer 2005 grades within their GPA calculation ...b/c i know some schools do will not calculate fall '05 grades into the gpa

thanks

Hey, no problem, if your only finishing first year I wouldn't stress too much about the 3.3, I ended up with a 3.39 after first year, it can easily be raised.

I'm pretty sure the majority of schools don't take your summer courses as part of your cumulative gpa unless they are preq courses, so it might make sense to take harder courses in the summer, but I would check with the admissions officer of the main schools your interested in to make sure (might change the policy the year you are applying or something)

Archived