Premed 101 Forums

canadian DAT Qs

Guest puncho

Guest puncho

Hey all, I'm planning on taking the canadian dat next spring...

I have Kaplan review books for the MCAT from my sister...Do you think these will be sufficient to cover the bio and chem sections?

What book is there that's good for studying for the perceptual section?

Where do I get a cool carving knife like the one they use in the DAT Anyone willing to sell one?

Thx.

The bio and chem sections are pretty basic stuff, you should be ok using your sisters mcat books. Also buy the barrons book for perceptual, it sucks for science though (lots of mistakes). Buy/photocopy IQ publications tests for reading comp, perceptual, science, these are really good becuase they are geared to canadian students.

The carving knife is sent to you from the cda in the package that you can purchase when you order a prep kit, so check the cda website to order one (you get a ruler and sharpie marker as well, the sharpie marker is pretty useless though, i just used the blade to mark the soap, some people use tips of pencils as well).

By the way, I don't think the dat is offered in the spring, only Nov/Feb,

good luck,

epzi

Guest blahblahblah

Hi Puncho,

I have the cda package on me (I only practiced on one piece of soap-- so there are four pieces left over). I also have the book by the cda that has practice perceptual questions.

Let me know if you're interested in purchasing it...

Thanks,

bbb

Archived