Premed 101 Forums

Ont FM Interview 2nd Round

Well I never signed such a document when I interviewed for FM, albeit not in Ontario. It was like any other interview, "why family" and so forth, with a few questions asking about major challenges you've faced. Pretty straightforward and they'll understand that things are a bit different when in the 2nd iteration.

Unfortunately I can't remember much more than that. I could barely remember most interview questions a week after doing them let alone now!

Well I never signed such a document when I interviewed for FM, albeit not in Ontario. It was like any other interview, "why family" and so forth, with a few questions asking about major challenges you've faced. Pretty straightforward and they'll understand that things are a bit different when in the 2nd iteration.

Unfortunately I can't remember much more than that. I could barely remember most interview questions a week after doing them let alone now!

Thank you, much obliged, I know what you mean, and I appreciate the questions, thnks!

Is there anything you did in particular that helped you prepare?

THanks in advance!

No prob.

Make sure you read over the program descriptions and think about any further questions might have. Think about some clinical or other experiences where you learned something or showed qualities like leadership or success at operating under stress. For family programs it's worth talking about any experiences with health advocacy and patient relationships. I applied to FM only as a backup, so hopefully some who matched to it can offer some opinions as well.

Good luck! I know it's a really difficult situation.

No prob.

Make sure you read over the program descriptions and think about any further questions might have. Think about some clinical or other experiences where you learned something or showed qualities like leadership or success at operating under stress. For family programs it's worth talking about any experiences with health advocacy and patient relationships. I applied to FM only as a backup, so hopefully some who matched to it can offer some opinions as well.

Good luck! I know it's a really difficult situation.

You bring up some good points, gonna work on those! I will keep my fingers crossed! :) Hope to be able to post some positive news come match day :D

Didn't sign any forms either. (Also didn't interview for FM)

But I hear that CanMEDS is a big part of the interview. You should probably go through and highlight an example of each situation illustrated on that site.

Why FM, why location, may need to explain why 2nd round (I don't know if that's fair game)

Good luck

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I wasn't asked to sign anything so I'm not sure if maybe signing a non disclosure agreement is a first round thing?? :confused:

It might be. I don't remember any such thing from my first round experience, but that was some years ago now so my memory of details is fuzzy, and it wasn't FM.

I didn't sign anything as an interviewer.

I didn't sign any such thing in second round for FM.

It might be. I don't remember any such thing from my first round experience, but that was some years ago now so my memory of details is fuzzy, and it wasn't FM.

I didn't sign anything as an interviewer.

I didn't sign any such thing in second round for FM.

Yeah, no one collectively here in a quick ask around had to do that for anything. Probably relying on more enlightened self interest to prevent people for broadcasting the questions etc.

Archived