Premed 101 Forums

Two More Days!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha not the village inn but I'm sure I'm at something student budget wise I made the mistake of waiting until last week to book and there's a gigantic marathon going on so hotels are maxed out!!

On the plus side what circuit are you; maybe I will see you there :D

Ps getting so pumped up for this, in the words of Obama "fire it up!!"

Staybridge was awesome! Did we meet at breakfast by any chance?

Maybe! My mother and I were sitting at one of the tables on the other side of the little wall that separated them from the food sections. I saw a few groups that either looked like interviewees or were talking about the interview, so maybe we did run into each other!

Maybe! My mother and I were sitting at one of the tables on the other side of the little wall that separated them from the food sections. I saw a few groups that either looked like interviewees or were talking about the interview, so maybe we did run into each other!

Oh ok. I met someone there who ended up in the same circuit as me but we lost contact after the video, lol. That person was there with her bf though.

How did you find the interview? I felt it went by in a blur!

Oh ok. I met someone there who ended up in the same circuit as me but we lost contact after the video, lol. That person was there with her bf though.

How did you find the interview? I felt it went by in a blur!

Ahh okay - couldn't have been me then :P The interview was so fast! Before we got started I was dreading having to go through that much time, but it really went by in a flash. Questions were really interesting too, I thought.

I just wanted to say that Mac definitely knows how to run a great MMI and session. The students were very welcoming, and had a good sense of humour. You could tell they put a lot of thought into it and made sure that their MMI shouldn't have hitches, and that there were appropriately signals went to stop and start the stations.

Top school for me so far. Actually looking forward to the 14th for this!

Finally done interviews!!!!!!!! The mac interview was a lot of fun and I'm glad i had Calgary and Queen's as prep for the Mac interview. Great sandwiches for lunch! Despite my dietary restriction for only halal, I was very satisfied with the non meat dishes. My plate was a heap of food and I felt others were judging me :(

The presentation... I don't know why the vice deans did not give a talk... I stuck around after the mandatory time to hear a shpeal from them but unfortunately they only sat down and spectated the presentation.

Queen's and Calgary had the vice deans/deans give a talk which I feel is important and I'm humbled that they partake in all aspect of the interview day.

The MDCL building is quite dashing. During their final presentation, I finally got a good grasp of PBL (despite of me knowing what it was), I felt I had a new perspective of the problem based learning.

UofT did a swell job on comparing the 2 campuses (Mississauga and Downtown Core), but when I left McMaster, I still had many questions... how is the city life? any videos/pictures inside the building?

Apparently we are suppose to rank our campuses soon in an email before being admitted and we have the option of getting tours of the 2 campuses (Waterloo and Niagra) but that sounds like a lot of hassle, especially for students who are full time in school.

Also, maybe this is just me, I felt like the student volunteers who were helping us today, did not give a good representation of the pool of 1st years. I didn't see much diversity, which made me feel rather disappointed.

BUT, I sensed the quality of the MMI was a lot different from Calgary and Queen's. It felt a lot more refined and polished. After all, they are the pioneers of MMI.

I really liked the curriculum and I'm looking forward to this!!!

Good job MAC! (I'm very biased lol).

The med students were very nice and definitely helped put me at ease before and during the MMI.

How did you guys feel about the interviewers? I heard from other interviewees that they made comments such as "excellent point"... Did yours make comments as well?

I was pretty confused as to why the deans weren't saying anything as well. One big thing they couldn't answer as well was into regards of the opportunities for particular specialties in the satellite campuses; I think it's pretty hard to do research if all the faculty are in Hamilton for your specialty of interest. They really could have touched upon that a bit more.

The med students were very nice and definitely helped put me at ease before and during the MMI.

How did you guys feel about the interviewers? I heard from other interviewees that they made comments such as "excellent point"... Did yours make comments as well?

My interviewers did not really say things like that - but they did nod along and smile. I would like to think that them not saying things has no bearing on how well I did, but you never know I suppose :S

I wouldn't worry about it. Some interviewers give you positive feedback, most don't. I don't think Mac standardizes the interviewers very much (as in, I *think* they are allowed to behave how they want, within some limits obviously) but I've heard a mix of things when it comes to comments from interviewers.

I don't think a relatively silent interviewer means anything bad, lol.

My interviewers did not really say things like that - but they did nod along and smile. I would like to think that them not saying things has no bearing on how well I did, but you never know I suppose :S

Never read too much into what any interviewer does or saying positive or negative. It just isn't really useful feedback :)

Archived