Premed 101 Forums

Western

Guest epzi

Guest epzi

Hey I was seeing if anyone has heard anything from Western since the interviews. I heard somewhere that they send out initial acceptances at the end of may, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know for sure?

epzi

Guest per te

Hi epzi,

I'm pretty sure Western doesn't have early acceptances, and that it would be end of June before anyone hears from them.

~*per te*~

Guest epzi

Thanks per te, thats what I thought, I just heard it from a second hand source somewhere.

End of June, that shouldn't be took long from now I guess, but the waiting is killer!

epzi

Guest epzi

Does anyone know anything about the western program? I searched through some of these archives but couldn't find too much out about it. My major question is if the first year dent class is integrated with the med classes. Also, does anyone have any opinon on Western vs UAlberta in terms of the dental programs?

epzi

Guest Kicoati

I don't think UWO dent and med classes are integrated. If you want to know more, there are course descriptions including lecture/lab/clinic hours on the UWO dental calendar.

Hey, how were you guys' impression on the school when you interviewed there?

Guest toothy jr

I think with the dedication of Schulich school of medicine, us dents have been set adrift. Not that we ever shared classes, but we do get some of their profs to lecture on anatomy, pathology etc. I also have no clue if the name change will impact on courses.

Guest epzi

Thanks for the input folks!

Kicoati: I actually didn't attend the interview, I sent my scores from UofA, so that is somewhat of a problem for me becuase I didn't get to see the campus and ask questions about the program, but I'm thinking of heading out there this summer so I can check out the campus. I think it would probably be best if I waited for the acceptances to come out so I don't waste 300 dollars on air fare for nothing :)

epzi

Archived