Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interviews OT

This is what Dr Scully said in the other thread:

"I just called the Admissions Information desk at McMaster for OT/PT and the machine said "offers for interview will be emailed out on April the 15th, 2013 in the afternoon". Seems pretty late this year. (I called more than once just to be sure and I'm pretty sure she did say the 15th!! lol)"

Sweet! Not sure where you guys are coming from but there's currently a VIA rail deal for 50% off if you book by a certain date (like, asap i think) and travel by August. Also Porter is showing some good deals going into Toronto - does anyone know how convenient it would be to fly into the city airport and bus to hamilton?

It's not that inconvenient, Greyhound runs a bus from Toronto -> Hamilton almost every hour. The worst part is getting from the airport to downtown Toronto as there's not that much public transit there (from what I know). The train is much easier since it is already downtown, and probably goes to Hamilton regardless.

Yup I just called again and the answering machine is now very different than what I heard 2 nights ago.

It now says "Please listen to the following carefully. Offers for interviews will be emailed out on Friday, April the 5th in the afternoon. Please check your email and junk folder so you don't miss this opportunity".

Good luck everyone!!!!

Yup I just called again and the answering machine is now very different than what I heard 2 nights ago.

It now says "Please listen to the following carefully. Offers for interviews will be emailed out on Friday, April the 5th in the afternoon. Please check your email and junk folder so you don't miss this opportunity".

Good luck everyone!!!!

Haha ok so I wasn't imagining it! What a strange discrepancy, but this makes much more sense.

It's not that inconvenient, Greyhound runs a bus from Toronto -> Hamilton almost every hour. The worst part is getting from the airport to downtown Toronto as there's not that much public transit there (from what I know). The train is much easier since it is already downtown, and probably goes to Hamilton regardless.

Hi :) I do the montreal-toronto commute every 2-3 weeks and I can say, it is obviously better to book your way there as soon as you hear from them (price-wise). But alos, if you fly porter, it does actually land in downtown toronto airport as opposed to other airlines and now air canada has also the option of landing there too (select YTZ instead of YYZ). The train does go to downtown toronto (union station) and the buses do too (dundas station). With the 50% sale that's on now, a return voyage from montreal-toronto is about 170$.

Hi :) I do the montreal-toronto commute every 2-3 weeks and I can say, it is obviously better to book your way there as soon as you hear from them (price-wise). But alos, if you fly porter, it does actually land in downtown toronto airport as opposed to other airlines and now air canada has also the option of landing there too (select YTZ instead of YYZ). The train does go to downtown toronto (union station) and the buses do too (dundas station). With the 50% sale that's on now, a return voyage from montreal-toronto is about 170$.

soooo in your opinion should i fly to city airport and bus to hamilton or should i just take the train? train is obviously a bit cheaper but longer.

Rejected. Says sub-gpa cut off was 3.61. Really upset that its so high this year.. last two years was 3.48.

Hoping now for the other schools...

Dr_Scully! Last year's first cut off was 3.55, and then went down to 3.48 after people declined offers. Maybe you still have a chance! Keep your fingers crossed :)

Rejected. Says sub-gpa cut off was 3.61. Really upset that its so high this year.. last two years was 3.48.

Hoping now for the other schools...

Where did you get this number?

And keep your hopes up for the other schools you applied to, and movement from people who have already heard from UBC and UofO will help!

Dr_Scully! Last year's first cut off was 3.55, and then went down to 3.48 after people declined offers. Maybe you still have a chance! Keep your fingers crossed :)

Hm ok thanks for that. My sub gpa is 3.53 if my masters grades are used (the web seminar said they will this year). So it will be nice if it drops that low :)

@otapply: that number was what the rejection email said

I received a rejection as well - I could not believe the jump from the previous two years. After a good cry I'm all ready to be enthusiastic for whatever comes next.

Sub - 3.5

Cum - 3.37

Applications pending: Queen's & Alberta

I don't think anyone would have expected that jump, but regardless, never give up!

Archived