Premed 101 Forums

Rejection from McMaster - Chances for Queens & Alberta? (OT)

So I received a rejection from McMaster today for the interview invitation - the GPA cutoff seems to have went way up this year from a 3.48 last year to a 3.61 according to the email. I just wanted to know what my chances are in terms of the applications that are still pending.

Sub GPA: 3.5

Cum GPA 3.37

EC's:

360 hours in school/daycare setting

240 hours in a clinical setting

Currently working as an early childhood assistant

Lot's of volunteering

$2500 scholarship received in November

I did some googling just now and I looked in the archives for this forum. I found someone who got rejected from UofT OT (last year) with a 3.81 and another who got in with a 3.58. So clearly the essays, references and resume have a lot to do with the selection process.

So yes there is hope. Places like Queens look at everything so don't be down just because your GPA may not be ridiculously high :)

I did some googling just now and I looked in the archives for this forum. I found someone who got rejected from UofT OT (last year) with a 3.81 and another who got in with a 3.58. So clearly the essays, references and resume have a lot to do with the selection process.

So yes there is hope. Places like Queens look at everything so don't be down just because your GPA may not be ridiculously high :)

Been reading these forums for the past month, and decided to make an account to thank you and everyone else for all the information provided. That stat makes me feel a lot better since I have a sub of 3.59 and just missed the cut off for Mac. Here I am hoping at least one school takes me!

Archived