Premed 101 Forums

May 15th support group

The odd thing is that they've had it posted on the admission website for a couple weeks now. I wonder why they waited so long to email it out.

I swear I suffered minor heart damage when that email came in...I'll probably keel over completely when the real one comes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess this means the offers probably won't go out this week then? If they are giving time for people to arrange for someone to act of their behalf -- they wouldn't send the offers within the next three days.

That email was frightening. I have the same feeling as you...maybe we will have to wait all the way till May 15th....I really hope not!

Remember in the blog where Dr. Walker says that the issues that were slowing down an earlier notification date were twofold? One was because of work flow for the admissions staff. The other was because they are transferring UCAN onto a new server so it will have the ability to send emails again. My thought was that this means UCAN is transferred and ready to go. They may have not sent the email re: 3rd party delegates before, despite the 3rd party form being on the website, because UCAN didn't have the ability to send the email.

Remember in the blog where Dr. Walker says that the issues that were slowing down an earlier notification date were twofold? One was because of work flow for the admissions staff. The other was because they are transferring UCAN onto a new server so it will have the ability to send emails again. My thought was that this means UCAN is transferred and ready to go. They may have not sent the email re: 3rd party delegates before, despite the 3rd party form being on the website, because UCAN didn't have the ability to send the email.

This is a very plausible statement. You could be in to something here.

This makes me feel a little bit better. I was assuming the worst and thinking that the admissions office must be falling behind since they sent out this e-mail so late.

I jump every time my phone beeps with a new e-mail notification so I wouldn't mind if the torture ends sooner rather than later.

7 days to go....I feel like I have permanent butterflies now. The worst thing is that I'm working from home the next few days, so I have fewer distractions then I usually would. I think I've checked my email 10 times in the past hour. I'm hoping they might update the blog to give the precise date soon. If it's going to be the 15th for certain then I would rather know now and try to find some way to stay oblivious over the weekend. :rolleyes:

Agreed! If they have email capabilities now they should just send out the emails and put us all out of our misery. I really hope they update the blog soon with more information. If it's not coming till the 15th, I can stop freaking out every time I get an email.

Archived