Premed 101 Forums

American schools

Guest WK

Hey everyone,

This is for those who have applied to (and have been accepted to, like mwsung) American schools. Do most American schools accept Canadian DAT scores? Are there schools that are particularly Canadian-friendly? Would anyone care to list the schools?

Guest LestatZinnie

most private school who want your $$ are very canadian-friendly (I think the motto for private dental schools should be "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"- some schools even require applicants to prove to them they have at least $50kUSD in the bank before they're admitted). state schools are pickier. beaware of the rules for state schools. UCSF and UCLA, for example, don't accept canadian applicants unless you've lived in the states for at least a year. go to ADA website and do a little research yourself. :D :lol

Guest DentGirl2004

Hi WK,

I applied to a lot of US schools this year and they all accepted the Canadian DAT.

Like LestatZinnie said, beware of state schools because they'll take your application (and your costly application fee) and then tell you that they won't accept out of state residents. But most schools say on their website if they're state or private and if they accept international and out of state students.

I found the links on the AADSAS website to all the individual schools made my search a little easier! But some of the more "Canadian Friendly" schools I found were:

UPenn, UPittsburgh, Columbia, Temple, Tufts, NYU, Case Western, UDetroit Mercy, BostonU

Good Luck!

:)

...you can also apply to U of Conneticut, Meharry dental school, Marquette, Virginia Commonwealth and U of Louisville...check out their websites to find out if you meet all the other requirements...

Archived