Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply?

Hi thanks for reading this I'm currently just debating whether its worth it or not to apply next year as a 3rd year applicant or wait untill my gpa is higher and I have stronger ec's next year.

My mcat is 12 for vr

And my cgpa is 3.78

Thanks again

Hi thanks for reading this I'm currently just debating whether its worth it or not to apply next year as a 3rd year applicant or wait untill my gpa is higher and I have stronger ec's next year.

My mcat is 12 for vr

And my cgpa is 3.78

Thanks again

Nothing to lose by applying :) Your VR is amazing and might make up for your GPA!

Dude, your post history suggests that you are a first year. Do not be precocious - let life carry it's course.

My mcat is 12 for vr

And my cgpa is 3.78

Thanks again

Think of it like this:

If you apply you HAVE at least some chances, if you dont your chances are literally 0.

Yes, as the cliché goes, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take - and unlike the Stanley Cup finals, you don't need to worry about making a fool out of yourself in front of thousands, either.

My mcat is 12 for vr

And my cgpa is 3.78

Thanks again

Yes. And I don't think Mac looks at your ECs anyway, so it wouldn't matter if they're 'stronger'.

The formula is based on GPA, VR, Casper. Then a second formula replacing the Casper with the MMI score.

• 2 weeks later...

My mcat is 12 for vr

And my cgpa is 3.78

Thanks again

Higher than me and I've gotten interviews both last year and this year at mac. I do believe it was my CASPER score that got me through with my below average VR and cgpa (when counting summers)

do u mind sharing ur cgpa and the vr score and the year in which you applied?

Higher than me and I've gotten interviews both last year and this year at mac. I do believe it was my CASPER score that got me through with my below average VR and cgpa (when counting summers)

Archived