Premed 101 Forums

Heavens have Smiled Upon Me...{Got A POSITION}

Hi genfam,

I apologize if you've already gone over this, but why did you not match in either round? Were you decided on very competitive specialties or was it due to your performance in school?

If you ask this question from my wife she will tell you "because I need help to read, write, and talk to people" but if you ask me "I think poor interview skills, going for medgen, biochem, micro, FM and than not ranking all the streams/programs thinking the PD who told me I am ranked to matched is for real.

Also not applying in Quebec.

I bet not ranking all your programs was your biggest mistake.

During your interview, were you asked about your desire to stay in nucs for 5 years? How did you address that?

yes your right. I was never asked this question. I told them I am loyal and one day I want to be just like you all, looking at the PD "teaching residents"

oh my god, what a beautiful story!! what a miracle! how stupendous... i feel like any adjective i use here can't capture what a truly miraculous ending this is!

i wish you well in your specialty. may you extend respect and kindness to all those who come in your care, just as life has extended it towards you. :)

dear god, you are great!

Archived