Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters United 2013

hey thanks for letting us know jyl.

I guess there is some movement.

I'm getting very discouraged now though,,,because I thought I had a pretty good chance.

just wondering does anyone know if they only take certain number of MSc grad at U of A?

There is no cut off for MSc grads. There is no separate pool for people with MSc's. You are either considered 1) IP 2) OOP and you are ranked accordingly. The only impact your MSc has on your entire application is that it gives you a single solitary additional point out of a score of 100.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know, within each of IP and OOP there are 2 further groups: 2/3 years and 4th year/MSc/PhD.

Alberta is an amazing school and was beyond impressed by the facility, the history and the student body during interview day. Great school to study at and I know I would have been confident in its education and curriculum in providing me the best of experiences.

Even though U of A is further away, I have a tough decision make.

Congrats to all those so far accepted off their respective waitlists. It's looking like there is very little movement for IP rural waitlist. I am not surprised as there are only 10 seats and as with all of us I have no idea where I am on that list. :( Here is hoping something miraculous happens for me as I have a few friends already accepted it would be great to finally start my MD this year at 34.

Congrats to all those so far accepted off their respective waitlists. It's looking like there is very little movement for IP rural waitlist. I am not surprised as there are only 10 seats and as with all of us I have no idea where I am on that list. :( Here is hoping something miraculous happens for me as I have a few friends already accepted it would be great to finally start my MD this year at 34.

Hang in there, hopefully there's some movement within the next week or so

Hey guys, I was accepted off the waitlist last Thursday (June 13th) morning, and my deadline to respond is on June 20th (exactly 1 week). I will be taking this offer because it is the only school that is willing to take me out of a total of 7 schools that I applied to.

I totally understand the frustration of being on the waitlist and I really hope to see more of you guys next year. I am sure that we are all equally qualified but are limited simply due to the number of seats. Sorry for the late update on this and I hope the best of luck for everyone who are still on the list, I am rooting for all of you!!

I plan to rewrite the MCAT to improve my chances for next year. I feel like if my score was a few points higher maybe I would have been accepted out right or ranked higher on the waitlist. I will continue in my current job that I have been in for the last 4 years, research technician at the UofA.

It would be nice if the UofA gave us some indication if the class is now complete though.

Archived