2- and 3-year positions 27

Rural positions 10

Aboriginal positions 5

Accepted Out-of-Province Applicants 15%

Accepted Students with an Undergraduate Degree 125

Accepted Students with Master/PhD 2/2

Male 78

Female 89

does that mean, they only have few spots for ppl with Masters and PhD?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope... Though not sure if its due to minimal movement in my pool or a delay on the UofA's part in contacting us. Would really be nice to know more about being on the list... I understand not telling us where on the list but it would be nice to know if there is an alternate for every seat offered or if it is some percentage of every seat offered in each pool... Hello purgatory :-S

Hey, just want to let you know that accepted applicants have until May 31 (i.e. today) to accept or decline their offer. So, I would not expect any waitlist movement today. Earliest would probably be on Monday. Hope this help ease some fears! Good luck to all! :)

Sigh. I truly believe the benefit of letting people know where they are on the list far outweighs the cons. If there's one area of the application process that really feels antiquated, this is definitely it.

Sigh. I truly believe the benefit of letting people know where they are on the list far outweighs the cons. If there's one area of the application process that really feels antiquated, this is definitely it.

I agree, I'm pretty surprised that no offers went out today

Thought I would post this link. I know it may seem a bit cheesy but I think for those of us on the waitlist as well as those who have been rejected it is a nice reminder to never give up on our dream! I also want to thank everyone on this forum who has taken the time to advise me and counsel me, as well as the many useful posts and information that everyone has shared. For all your support over the past few years I am eternally grateful. Never stop believing! One day it will happen :)

Could be a low movement year? Every person I know who was accepted to both Calgary and Alberta is attending Alberta, which surprised me. Also the reduced number of seats at Calgary could indirectly reduce wait list movement at Alberta.

Thanks, yes i will be accepting!

The movement does seem kind of quiet (at least from this forum) so maybe it is just taking them some extra time to sort out all the offers to the waitlisters out there.

Archived