Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Party Thread

Waterloo campus!

Time Stamp: 10:40

I AM ECSTATIC!! I was really worried before since this was my only offer but am super duper-ly happy right now! I'll be accepting the offer.

Don't worry for those who are still on the waitlist since movement can go until June so you never know! Good luck!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those off the waitlist, but a general question to any who know, will the waitlist have much movement tomorrow, or is it time to give up hope for this cycle? and I was wondering if anyone know if we will receive an email or letter or something if all the positions have been filled, thanks to any answers in advance.

Congrats to those off the waitlist, but a general question to any who know, will the waitlist have much movement tomorrow, or is it time to give up hope for this cycle? and I was wondering if anyone know if we will receive an email or letter or something if all the positions have been filled, thanks to any answers in advance.

Definitely too early to give up hope for the cycle. I would imagine there's still quite a bit of WL movement to come.

In previous years, Wendy sent out an email confirming when the class was full. This typically happens at the end of June.

Continue to be cautiously optimistic.

Congrats everyone who got in today! It's nice finally being out of limbo. For those of you wondering on response time, I got the initial offer email on Friday and replied that night, then yesterday I got emailed the official package (and told there's a copy coming in the mail too). I have until June 7th to get my official acceptance in (so the OMSAS one, the paperwork, and the $1000 deposit).

Also those of you still waiting, don't give up hope yet!

Those facebook groups were looking pretty full, I'd say its about time to throw in the towel this year :(

Don't give up hope yet. I joined the Hamilton group on the day of acceptances, and there were 90 or so people added to the group before the acceptances had even come out, which means they're from upper years.

Also, responses aren't even due until today. I'm sure they'll get declines and the waitlist will move later this week or early next week, and keep going into mid-June like it has for the last couple years. It sucks to be wait listed, but there's still a chance that you'll get an exciting e-mail. Good luck!

Giving up hope now is extremely premature. Waves of offers will be going out over the next few weeks. The FB groups mean nothing.

Yeah you can really never go by those. The waitlists don't clear on the first day they start to move.

Stressful time, but we are not done yet!

Yeah you can really never go by those. The waitlists don't clear on the first day they start to move.

Stressful time, but we are not done yet!

Yea. The UofT 1T7 FB group has 477 members at the moment. The class size is 259 and the class isn't even full yet as people are still considering offers and waitlist offers are still going out. So over half the group are senior students! The FB groups cannot be used as an indicator of what proportion of the class is full.

Last year, most of Mac's movement came all through the end of May to mid June so I would advise cautious optimism. I didn't get the "class full" email until early July. What I did as soon as I got waitlisted was put my plan B in action. I never got in so I just proceeded with plan B but if fail to plan for the inevitable, it will only be harder if you're not successful. If I didn't have a job ready to distract me last May I think I would have lost my mind. Good luck everyone! There is movement yet to come for sure, but it's a good idea to think of "if not....."

I was accepted off the waitlist today for the Hamilton campus!!!!!!! So excited :)

Got an email at 10:09am from Wendy

I feel for the waitlisters out there. Just waiting these 2 weeks have been hell. Good luck everyone, don't lose hope.

Yea. The UofT 1T7 FB group has 477 members at the moment. The class size is 259 and the class isn't even full yet as people are still considering offers and waitlist offers are still going out. So over half the group are senior students!

plus some from other schools...

Accepted to Hamilton campus off wait-list! Will wait a week to see if I get in at UofA. Atleast I know I'll be in medical school come Sept 2013. These two weeks were absolutely painful. Even with work to keep me distracted, my thoughts kept going towards medical schools. So glad this part of my journey had ended!

Accepted to Hamilton campus off wait-list! Will wait a week to see if I get in at UofA. Atleast I know I'll be in medical school come Sept 2013. These two weeks were absolutely painful. Even with work to keep me distracted, my thoughts kept going towards medical schools. So glad this part of my journey had ended!

Congrats! :D

Yeah Mac released all their wait list invites first. The are probably a hand full of people who are wait listed at 2 or more schools and seeing if they can make a choice. There are people who accepted at a school out of Ontario and will either loose their deposit to go to mac or decline the wait list offer.

Our odds have certainly gone down. The bright side is though, that people who interviewed at Mac were likely to get interviews at Western and potentially Calgary due to the strong emphasis on Verbal.

Yeah Mac released all their wait list invites first. The are probably a hand full of people who are wait listed at 2 or more schools and seeing if they can make a choice. There are people who accepted at a school out of Ontario and will either loose their deposit to go to mac or decline the wait list offer.

Our odds have certainly gone down. The bright side is though, that people who interviewed at Mac were likely to get interviews at Western and potentially Calgary due to the strong emphasis on Verbal.

Yes - I received an offer off the waitlist last week (30th) from Mac and an offer from Western yesterday. I was going to wait until the deadline of Mac's offer (June 13th) to hear from Western. Many more are probably doing the same (other waitlists have started moving=good news). All this to say... there will most likely be more waitlist movement next week as Mac receives decisions from those they offered off of the waitlist. Since other school's waitlist have started to move, there will likely be some declines. :-) Don't lose hope yet!

Archived