Premed 101 Forums

U of T OT or PT!

Add me on Facebook, haha: https://www.facebook.com/danadabros?ref=tn_tnmn

Also, I feel like this would be a better place to discuss things like the renting situation in TO and other things specific to those of us planning to go to the University of Toronto! I made it OT or PT because I assume a lot of the questions and issues people may raise at this point would apply to everyone!

My first question of the day is if anyone is looking for roommates??

I wish I could go tomorrow, but my family is having a big "go f*** yourself cancer" fundraiser in Ottawa tomorrow night, so it is wayyyy too much driving to go Kingston > Toronto > Ottawa! I wish the orientation was next Saturday!

Add me on Facebook, haha: https://www.facebook.com/danadabros?ref=tn_tnmn

Also, I feel like this would be a better place to discuss things like the renting situation in TO and other things specific to those of us planning to go to the University of Toronto! I made it OT or PT because I assume a lot of the questions and issues people may raise at this point would apply to everyone!

My first question of the day is if anyone is looking for roommates??

I added you :)

I wish I could go tomorrow, but my family is having a big "go f*** yourself cancer" fundraiser in Ottawa tomorrow night, so it is wayyyy too much driving to go Kingston > Toronto > Ottawa! I wish the orientation was next Saturday!

yeah that's a trek! haha... sad that i missed it but i'll just scour the internet a bit more for info!

I'm mailing my deposit today :)

I am also interested to hear what exactly was at the info session... I am hoping I didn't miss anything too important.

Is anyone planning to do the optional orientation at the end of august/beginning of september?? It looks fun, but I'm wondering the exact days since I'm not sure how it will fit in with me moving to Toronto - pretty sure wherever I end up living is going to have a September 1st move in!

Well, in my package from U of T I got a print-out for an OT orientation, and the website says this:

"OPTIONAL - OT Student Council O-Week activities take place throughout the week from August 30, 2013 to September 14, 2013."

But I assume the PT council would have something too then?? I know there is also a mandatory orientation during the first week of september for OT, and I'm not sure if that is for PT also!

Ahh yeah, I applied for like 3 of the residence buildings but no idea when they send out offers.

As for looking for off campus housing from a distance, I think I'm gonna check out UofT's online database now that we have received our student numbers and can access it.

If that's the case, I think I'll be needing to find a roommate! What's the OT facebook group? can someone post a link? NEVERMIND, found it :)!

I'm going to be at UofT for OT! I was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate?

I applied to Chestnut res but does anyone know how long the application process takes? Otherwise, I need to start looking at off-campus housing =/

hey I applied for Chestnut Residence and I got accepted, however I applied in April I believe. They said that its rolling admissions, so depending on when you applied, they will get to you!

They also only give you a week to decide and pay your deposit! So I suggest figuring out whether you want Chestnut or living on your own ahead of time so you don't have to stress last minute!

I didn't have time to look for off-campus residences, so I chose Chestnut because i didn't want to lose my spot. But I also chose it because it really has everything you could possibly want, very convenient and I dont have to worry about groceries and cooking :D haha. If you have any questions, just let me know! I also suggest doing a tour if you have time, gives you a better idea of what to expect!

Archived