Premed 101 Forums

CIBC LoC

Has anyone gone with CIBC for their LoC? I hear a lot about RBC and Scotiabank but I haven't heard much about CIBC. The reason I ask this is because this is the bank that I am currently with. Would it be easier just to stick with getting a LoC from my current bank or would it be worth it to explore other banks as well?

Has anyone gone with CIBC for their LoC? I hear a lot about RBC and Scotiabank but I haven't heard much about CIBC. The reason I ask this is because this is the bank that I am currently with. Would it be easier just to stick with getting a LoC from my current bank or would it be worth it to explore other banks as well?

I would always explore our banks :)

One of the reasons CIBC doesn't come up much is in the past, and quite possibly right now, they simply don't offer their LOC at prime. They charged a higher interest rate and thus going with them would make no sense. If that has changed (and things do - info can get out of date fast) then they may become a viable option again.

You made me panic I was getting hosed by the man, so I rolled open my handy file drawer out to pull out my loc paperwork ;)

My CIBC line of credit, started Sept 2011, has an interest rate of prime.

Hahahah :) you are witnessing competition in action - last year it was not prime everywhere (we check every year) so they got shuffled to the side. I really don't know what they were even thinking to be honest.

Puts them at least online with everyone else - what amount did you get out of curiosity?

- and of course you should get prime. Period. :)

Archived