Premed 101 Forums

iOS vs Android (Jelly Bean)

I am thinking of purchasing either a Samsung Galaxy S4 or an iPhone 5s (when it comes out). Which would be a better OS for pre-clerkship and clerkship?

Thanks in advance!

PRetty well all of the major med apps are available on both systems now. Personally I would go for Android as it is very versatile and much more open. Not to mention the hardware is much nicer.

Though I am bias since I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

I never buy apple products since I hate how inferior their Macs are, but the price is ridiculous. Also have had an HTC for 2 years now. Works great. Iphone 5 finally caught up to it in terms of specs/camera. Not that I use my phone to it's full capacity. Both iphone and android will pretty much do the same thing for you. I prefer android since it's much more unique and 10 year olds don't have em.

I would go for the iPhone. Android is in a state of "everyone thinks it's cool and so open," although they're not developers so what the f*** do they care if its open. Unless your into computers and hardcore techie who wants to mess around with the software, you're not going to be taking advantage of the "openness." iPhone is nice, good apps, iMessage, good size (can actually fit in your pockets, especially if your a girl)

I would go for the iPhone. Android is in a state of "everyone thinks it's cool and so open," although they're not developers so what the f*** do they care if its open. Unless your into computers and hardcore techie who wants to mess around with the software, you're not going to be taking advantage of the "openness." iPhone is nice, good apps, iMessage, good size (can actually fit in your pockets, especially if your a girl)

I respectfully disagree.

Also, please do not talk about Android like it is one phone. That is the beauty of Android, there are many many different phones running the OS, hence there is something for everybody.

As for openness, even something as simple as saving videos, music, files on your phone, this is where the openness of Android helps. USB plug, transfer any type of file you want. iPhone? Crap iTune software limiting what you can transfer and who you can transfer it to.

I think it's best to pick whatever you are most comfortable with - apart from that it likely won't make a difference. We have people using both.

I'd like to be the kind of person who can figure out Android but I just can't :P I had an Android tablet for like 3 days and I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I went back to Apple with my tail between my legs.

i find android confusing as hell too. doing that BB thing right now, a lot more like my birth mother of smartphones... iOs

I think it's best to pick whatever you are most comfortable with - apart from that it likely won't make a difference. We have people using both.

I'd like to be the kind of person who can figure out Android but I just can't :P I had an Android tablet for like 3 days and I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I went back to Apple with my tail between my legs.

i find android confusing as hell too. doing that BB thing right now, a lot more like my birth mother of smartphones... iOs

Really? My prof (in his 70s and NOT tech savvy) ordered an Android phone, had it setup by a Rogers guy and uses it no problem for calendar, email, etc.

well, i think it's more born of a comfort with iOs than discomfort with android if I had to give it the proper treatment

Really? My prof (in his 70s and NOT tech savvy) ordered an Android phone, had it setup by a Rogers guy and uses it no problem for calendar, email, etc.

Archived