Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships for sec 5 students

Guest tryhardnumber1

Guest tryhardnumber1

Do you know scholarships for sec 5 students or even cegep? It's very discouraging to find american only scholarships... :(

Do you know scholarships for sec 5 students or even cegep? It's very discouraging to find american only scholarships... :(

I never heard of any scholarships given in high school.

I remember in that in my cegep, you basically had to be in the 10% that had the higest high school grades in order to have a scholarship at your admission. It is indeed that not all the cegep have the same rules for that.

However, there are other ways of getting one. For example, the banks give scholarships every year (Desjardins, etc). You just need to apply and have good grades. The appliance period is usually around march.

Other scholarships are also given if you do a lot of communitary service.

There is also a scholarship that is given to student that have 80-85% in average and that are at their last year of cegep. I don't really remember the name, but it's a popular scholarship, so, you'll eventually hear a little bit more about it.

If you want to have more informations about the names of the scholarships, I think it'll be best to visit your cegep's website. They will tell you where you can get more information and how to apply to the different scholarship programs.

Archived