Premed 101 Forums

Step 1 Application Status

Hi all,

I submitted Step 1 Aug.5, + submitted transcripts/mcat in July, though neither requirement is appearing on dalonline as "Received". The 15th deadline is looming and admissions cannot verify the receipt via phone.

Should I trust that admissions haven't processed the info to dalonline yet? Anyone else in this position?

All of mine are showing as received with the date. However, even with everything submitted it still shows as incomplete. I figure this is because the spaces for the reference letters are empty... They don't require them so I figure this will be resolved on their end.

hmm.

My mcat is also not showing up as received though confirmed by aamc.

I contacted admissions who suggested bc Step 1 was submitted last week that Admissions and Student Affairs are still matching my transcripts to the application, stating Med Admissions has no way of knowing except for online.. But it seems questionable as my transcripts were submitted in early July..

I sent two transcripts on July 19 and just checked to see only one of them is marked as 'received'.. I will call them now and see what they say. I wonder if their software is just not updated enouhg to show TWO transcripts?

Has anyone here submitted two transcripts and had it show both transcripts as received?

EDIT: BTW, I noticed that 1 of the transcripts I sent that was received, I sent it to the PO Box address. The one that hasnt been received, I sent it to the non-PO box address. That might explain it..

I sent two transcripts on July 19 and just

Has anyone here submitted two transcripts and had it show both transcripts as received?

submitted two transcripts, both showing as received as of this afternoon (admissions updated it within the hour)

I got a letter in the mail saying to pay the $70 application fee. How do we go abouts to pay this? Do we do it through the website or can we do it directly with our associated bank?

The following is from the page after you submit Step 1:

In addition to your completed application, you must submit the following:

1. Non-refundable $70.00 application fee - Due September 9, 2013

2. Official university transcripts - Due August 15, 2013

3. Essay and Supplemental Information form - Must be received by Medicine Admissions as of September 1, 2013.

4. Official Medical College Admission Test scores (released online using the MCAT score release form). The last date to write the MCAT for this application is August 3, 2013. MCAT scores must be released annually for each application cycle.

We encourage you to pay your $70 non-refundable application fee using the secure WEB payment (Proceed with Payment) process below.

Alternative methods of payment include:

Calling 1-866-729-4400 with credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX)

Office hours (Mon to Fri, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm) Atlantic Time

Cheque, money order, bank draft payable to Dalhousie University - Canadian applicants only

Bank draft in Canadian or US funds - International applicants

Include your Login ID, full name and date of birth on the back of your cheque or money order to assist with processing. DO NOT SEND CASH.

Application fees paid by cheque, money order or bank draft should be sent to:

Registrar's Office

Dalhousie University

PO Box 15000

Halifax, NS B3H 4R2

Canada

FAX: 1-902-494-1630

It's funny they require two LORs which i wasn't expecting/didn't read anywhere ont heir site.

It says right on their site that they don't require letters of reference. That application site is used for all programs so they are probably there by default.

Archived