Premed 101 Forums

''Special'' year as seen by other med schools.

I have read through many forum posts about this but not completely sure so would be happy to get full confirmation about the classification of ''special'' year. Better safe then sorry after all..

I understand the special year happens after you have gotten your UG degree and it secures another above cut off year for Western if successfully completed with all its requirements etc.

The part I wish to get more clarification for is how do other med schools see this year as. Does ''special'' year just become another non degree year for other med schools? (It would not be ''special'', just a non degree UG year?)

For another school interested in 2 years, for example Queens, would this be seen as another UG year? ( Last two years then become last year of degree and this post degree year.)

For Mcmaster would this also be seen as another UG year that counts towards cGPA? ( All the years including summers while obtaining degree plus this one post degree year.)

In a less related matter, it would also become a year which you can't use for Ottawa as it is not a part of a degree from my understanding.

To anyone who has more wisdom about this then me and and answers, thank you very much! :D

I have read through many forum posts about this but not completely sure so would be happy to get full confirmation about the classification of ''special'' year. Better safe then sorry after all..

I understand the special year happens after you have gotten your UG degree and it secures another above cut off year for Western if successfully completed with all its requirements etc.

The part I wish to get more clarification for is how do other med schools see this year as. Does ''special'' year just become another non degree year for other med schools? (It would not be ''special'', just a non degree UG year?)

For another school interested in 2 years, for example Queens, would this be seen as another UG year? ( Last two years then become last year of degree and this post degree year.)

For Mcmaster would this also be seen as another UG year that counts towards cGPA? ( All the years including summers while obtaining degree plus this one post degree year.)

In a less related matter, it would also become a year which you can't use for Ottawa as it is not a part of a degree from my understanding.

To anyone who has more wisdom about this then me and and answers, thank you very much! :D

ahhh I wouldn't say wisdom but generally I think it is accepted that Queens and Mac will consider the year as they consider any year really :)

Archived