Premed 101 Forums

When are interviews..?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm trying to plan when I would like to go abroad for an elective, and ideally I wanted it to be sometime after Carms applications (sometime between Jan 5-March 1st). But would that be possible given that I probably have to be accessible for interviews..? At what point in that time period are interviews generally and what time is 'safe' to go?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm trying to plan when I would like to go abroad for an elective, and ideally I wanted it to be sometime after Carms applications (sometime between Jan 5-March 1st). But would that be possible given that I probably have to be accessible for interviews..? At what point in that time period are interviews generally and what time is 'safe' to go?

This year:

January 18 - February 9, 2014

National interview period

Interviews for current-year Canadian medical school graduates from out-of-town universities are conducted during this three-week period. Interviews for international medical graduates and applicants at their own schools are coordinated separately with no specific national time period.

also I should mention the applications are due November 22, 2013 - after that you cannot change anything. So perhaps doing an elective between then and the start of interviews is possible - although you probably want some time for prep etc.

Those timelines are pretty consistent with other years.

This year:

January 18 - February 9, 2014

National interview period

Interviews for current-year Canadian medical school graduates from out-of-town universities are conducted during this three-week period. Interviews for international medical graduates and applicants at their own schools are coordinated separately with no specific national time period.

also I should mention the applications are due November 22, 2013 - after that you cannot change anything. So perhaps doing an elective between then and the start of interviews is possible - although you probably want some time for prep etc.

Those timelines are pretty consistent with other years.

Sweet, maybe I can do something in the last two weeks of February. Although, I don't think I'd count as an out-of-town student for some of the programs I'm applying to (unless I let them know I'll be off on an international elective?) I don't have an elective period between Nov-Jan :)

Thanks so much for your help!

Archived