Premed 101 Forums

MCAT VR Important Question

BlessedSoul

So my MCAT is in a few weeks and I've gotten worse in VR. I realised that when I rush through the AAMC's my accuracy diminishes heavily. So I was wondering if anyone would recommend me doing 6 passages (9-10minutes each) and guessing 1 passage... A.K.A. "TPR's approach". Currently, I'm getting 5's with 2/5 or 3/7 on nearly all the passages but if I take my time I can tend to get 3/5 or 5/7 more consistently.... What do you guys think?

I wouldn't recommend that approach. It's possible by guessing 1 passage that you may get every question wrong. When a scaled score of 10/11 only allows you to get 7-11 questions wrong (depending of course on the difficulty of the test) you could be really hurting yourself by guessing on one full passage.

I would recommend working on speeding up your progression through the passages, skipping single questions if they are really difficult. I used Exam Krackers strategy and increased my VR from 9 to 11 between my first and second test. Time management is definitely important during VR, so if you can work on that you shouldn't have to guess on a full passage.

Archived