Premed 101 Forums

Irish 6 year programs

Hi guys, before you tell me to take my chances in North America I respect your advice but I'm not planning on working here when I'm older, so I am okay with doing my residency elsewhere. I'm going to apply to 6 year programs through the Atlantic bridge. They want my full high school transcript, that's 9-12. Do grades 9 and 10 play a big part in gaining admission because they were grabage..

My grade 11 marks are strong and I'm doing well in 12. But I'm just sort of panicking because even if my grade 12 marks are in the 90s, can the past years ruin it for me?

Thanks!

Hi guys, before you tell me to take my chances in North America I respect your advice but I'm not planning on working here when I'm older, so I am okay with doing my residency elsewhere. I'm going to apply to 6 year programs through the Atlantic bridge. They want my full high school transcript, that's 9-12. Do grades 9 and 10 play a big part in gaining admission because they were grabage..

My grade 11 marks are strong and I'm doing well in 12. But I'm just sort of panicking because even if my grade 12 marks are in the 90s, can the past years ruin it for me?

Thanks!

Well you have to think of where you want to do residency. Ireland doesn't guarantee you residency unless you are an EU citizen. Where do you plan on doing residency, tell us and you should also look up whether or not they will accept your future degree.

Grade 9 to 10 doesn't play a big part i never even sent my gr. 9 marks in and i still got in. They won't ruin it for you unless they've changed their admissions criteria.

UK actually allows you to do residency in the UK if you do medical school in the UK.

^^ Completely agree.

Residency is always the problem. You can't practice without one and you can't get one in the UK as an international student. Same problem in Australia. You will also pay considerably more money in tuition, so it's imperative that you obtain a residency asap after you finish school.

Archived