Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone taken or taking HMB499Y

psyphon_asl

I am working on a unique no benchwork research project. There was a progress report and a secondary supervisor graded it. I couldn't find it anywhere on the syllabus about a secondary supervisor. I heard it mentioned that a secondary supervisor will provide feedback but now I received a grade. does anyone know if that grade counts toward the report ?

I was under the impression that the supervisor grades everything except the preliminary presentation.

I took it last year, although my project was normal research. I remember that our first significant submission (was worth 15%) was to be graded by our PI and another PI so I would say this is normal.

Usually people got higher marks from their own PI than the other PI... which is to be expected :)

I did! And I was freaked out the first time around because my supervisor gave me A's and the other dude gave me a C.... He had no idea what my topic was on though because just as yourself i was doing a very unique project that was not your traditional lab stuff... dont worry their grades do not count! at least, when i did my hmb499 last year, this was the case!

Archived