Premed 101 Forums

Reg. Interview Times

Guest newfoundlander06

Guest newfoundlander06

Do different universities try to keep their dates for interviews different, so that there are no complications in scheduling, and if there are overlaps, is it possible to reschedule your interview for another time?

Guest MrNeuroscience

I'm not 100% certain, but I think most schools have their interviews on different days. And most schools are pretty flexible (McMaster however, will not change your interview). For most folks interviewing at multiple schools, I don't think it is that huge a problem.

Guest peachy0

It happens occasionally, and I've never heard of someone being in the situation where neither school would reschedule. I had my Queen's and Toronto interviews scheduled for the same time; I told Queen's right away (I had already confirmed my Toronto interview) and they rescheduled it for the next day.

Guest circusgirl

well, over the course of THIS weekend in particular, Queens, Western, Mac AND Toronto are holding a set of interviews, so I don't really know about trying to keep different dates from each other. This year, both Mac and Western's weekends are the exact same weekends. I'm sure they're not doing it intentionally by any means- it's more likely that they just set their dates independently and there happens to be some overlap.

Friends of mine who had had conflicts easily got their dates changed around though. This year, we could schedule (and re-schedule) our own Western timeslots as to minimize the conflicts.

Guest Steve MD09

Schools may have overlapping weekends, but each weekend has 2-3 interview days, and each school has 2-3 interview weekends, so it's not that hard to work things out. The probability of having two interviews scheduled on the same day is reasonably low, and if it happens, one of the schools is generally willing to accomodate you by rescheduling.

Archived