Premed 101 Forums

NSERC as an arts student?

tournesol

Hey folks,

I have a question that might seem slightly odd for all of you science wizards. Do you think it would be possible to obtain an NSERC grant as a student enrolled in a BA program? I'm a psychology student, which is a bit of a grey area as far as the distinction between social science and natural science goes, but nevertheless our department has a quota of 7 awards. I haven't taken any of the basic sciences but I have some background in neuroscience/neuroanatomy as well as cognitive psych. I've email one of the eligible professors and he said he'd be happy to meet with me to talk about possibly supervising me.

I know you won't be able to tell me for sure whether it's possible but I'd like to hear your thoughts. If it helps to know at all I have a 3.99 gpa and relevant volunteer research experience. I don't want to get my hopes up if I'm likely to be flat out rejected!

• 1 month later...

I know you won't be able to tell me for sure whether it's possible but I'd like to hear your thoughts. If it helps to know at all I have a 3.99 gpa and relevant volunteer research experience. I don't want to get my hopes up if I'm likely to be flat out rejected!

Archived