Premed 101 Forums

Since there's a UBC PT thread, I thought it would be nice to start one for UBC OT!!

PT interview emails have been sent out. Has anyone received one for UBC OT? Even if I don't receive an interview right away, it would be nice to keep track of those who do and watch the progress of acceptances.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for posting this! I am also awaiting an email from UBC OT!

My friends all received PT today so I am hoping ours will be soon...with good news! From previous forums I saw that they get sent out next week sometime...eek!

Good luck!! Do you know if they send out rejection letters right away as well? I'm getting nervous!!

I think last year the cut off GPA for an interview was 80% and it is usually around there. Last year, they interviewed more applicants to keep the cut off GPA lower... I believe. I think the delay means they are trying to keep the cut off GPA lower while not having to conduct too many interviews.

Does anyone how know there is in gaining admission without interview if you have a very high GPA? I read something about it in another forum but not really sure if it's true.

I haven't heard anyone. I know they interview everyone that gets accepted though. I feel like there would be a potential problem if they let anyone I'm with a high gpa without actually seeing what their personality is like.

I never understood why they cut people off at 80 when applications are B+

I'm surprised she said 80 was competitive because from past admissions it seems like they begin at 80..

Last year they accepted 5 people soley based on their high GPA (90-95+%). I was given an interview invitation last year with a 82%, this year I'm at a 85%, fingers crossed I'm given another invitation. My friend called Rehana last year and she said generally anyone over 80% is given an invitation if they meet all other requirements. Good luck everyone.

Good luck to everyone. Remember, at UBC once you make it to the interview your grades no longer matter that much. The interview holds a lot of weight. Prepare as much as you can, it will really help you. But also, let your personality show through in the interview. They are trying to create a diverse class, so be yourself!

Well that's a relief! I read on a previous post that 24 spots were given to people with high gpa's. I thought this was ridiculous. But 5 isn't bad.

That post is true. I know for sure they did that for grads of 2009 OT. It wasn't a wise decision for the department so since then they've changed the invitation rules. A lot of students were accepted not knowing whether they were cut out to be OT's.

Last year they accepted 5 people soley based on their high GPA (90-95+%). I was given an interview invitation last year with a 82%, this year I'm at a 85%, fingers crossed I'm given another invitation. My friend called Rehana last year and she said generally anyone over 80% is given an invitation if they meet all other requirements. Good luck everyone.

How did your interview go last time? Did you ever inquire about why you didn't make it through?

Archived