Premed 101 Forums

wandering aimlessley...

Guest mdhopeful23

Guest mdhopeful23

you know, i promised myself that after i was done my interviews, i would stop looking at this forum! i mean, what would be the point, its a waiting game at this stage. however, i seem even more compelled to look around, read posts i haven't gone through before....argh, i think im addicted :o

anyone else having this experience? maybe i should delete the bookmark, maybe that will stop me...maybe i should stop writing pointless comments..maybe indeed :rolleyes :b

Guest Koppertone

Well, I've remembered the web address, so how can I ever NOT visit now? But now that it's the waiting game I just feel more compelled to talk to people to ease the pain of waiting (although if I DIDN'T talk with people I might get the chance to forget about it and move on with my life)

Guest Aidan

Same here. I check this site religiously, even though the admission process is completely out of my hands now. Sometimes I feel like a complete idiot, reading all the posts here, when there's absolutely nothing I can do change my chances. I though of deleting the bookmark too, but I'll find my way back here anyway. I wish I could break the habit and just go on with life as usual, but let's all admit that the result that comes to our mailboxes in June will be unusually significant.

Ah well, I guess I'll just keep giving in to my premed impulses. :\

Here's to hope.

- Aidan

Guest byjude

I agree - I applied last year and knew about this site before applying, but didn't visit it that regularly before my interview. It was post-interview that I got hooked. :) When you have nothing to do but speculate..

Guest UWOMED2005

I got hooked post-interview as well.

It's three years later, I'm now only a year and a month away from graduating med school, and I still can't beat the premed forum addiction. :rollin

Looking back, putting med school out of my mind would have been a much more effective way of letting the post-interview to acceptance time fly by. But I've learned a lot here about things they don't teach you in class, so it hasn't been completely unproductive. :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there byjude,

I agree - I applied last year and knew about this site before applying, but didn't visit it that regularly before my interview.
To where did you apply and interview last year? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Steve U of T

I read these boards a few times before my application went in last October, although I didn't start posting until afterwards. Since then, I've been hooked. It's a great way to pass the time. It sure beats writing my undergraduate thesis or studying for exams.

Guest Aidan
It sure beats writing my undergraduate thesis or studying for exams.

Hey Steve, you read my mind! My 4th year project is open right now in Word and Excel -- due next Thursday -- but for some reason, I'm on this site writing this post!

I think someone needs to make a Premed Patch to beat the habit.

Guest bananacreampie

I handed in and presented my 4th year project on Wednesday. It almost made me go blind (from looking at the screen so long), but then instead of taking breaks away from the computer I would check the forum for my break. Why?

Soooo good to have it done with though, I was ready to bring a pair of pajama's with me to the lab. On to the next project now...

Guest Makunouchi
well i deleted the bookmark, but easily found my way back using google...

lol me too... sometimes when I am at another computer, I go to google and type in "premed101" and "bulletin"... maybe you've found a better way? :D

Guest physiology

haha....I guess I wasn't the only one. I felt so alienated, so forlorn in my "Canadian premed forum addiction."

My sister constantly makes fun of me and how I check this forum almost daily.

It goes something like this:

<high pitched voice> "Oohh...how did you do on your interview....Oh my god, I got into medical school....Ooh....I did so bad on my MCAT....."

She's a meanie.

But I have learned a lot from this forum as well. It's opened my eyes and allowed me incredible insight into medical education. I mean there are vast resources here including up-to-date interview info and many current medical students who offer great advice and support.

Albeit incredibly addictive, this forum has opened my eyes to the world of medicine and now I know it is the right field for me and that I'm not approaching it from a status or wealth angle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest mm201

I got my admission offer from McGill Wednesday, but I am still checking this site daily :) It is interesting to read other people’s experiences and opinions. The level of posts on this forum is fairly high and most exchanges are very civilized ;) It’s great.

Guest UWOMED2005

Those stories are nothing. It's FOUR years later, I'm FINISHING med school, and I still haven't managed to rid myself of the addiction of checking the forum. . .

Archived